The City of Lenexa, Kansas, a leader in the delivery of public service, is a growing, dynamic and progressive city due in large measure to its commitment to quality growth as a “planned community” in partnership with its citizens. Lenexa has a diverse population of approximately 48,000, with a similar number of people coming into the city each day for their jobs. Encompassing 34.40 square miles of land, Lenexa is located in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, and was ranked 47 in CNNMoney.com “100 Best Small Towns to Live”. Recently the City was named as one of Kansas City's healthiest employers by the Kansas City Business Journal! City of Lenexa employees are dedicated to providing exceptional public service to the community. We value integrity, service, teamwork, dedication, vision and employees who care.
We are currently accepting applications for Recreation Program Instructors within the Parks and Recreation Department. The Recreation Program Instructor acts as the first contact for the Parks and Recreation Department during recreation programs. The instructor positions are responsible for greeting participants and providing instruction and supervision according to the course curriculum. Works without close supervision and makes decisions independently, according to established policies and procedures. This role includes working to achieve and promote the City of Lenexa’s mission, vision and values. Gain valuable customer service and team-oriented skills while serving our community in various recreation programs. Instructors are needed for the following programs:
· Senior Pep Fitness- Tuesday and/or Thursday mornings
· Birthday Party Coordinator- Week days/Weekends (TBD)
· Zumba- Monday-Saturday days and evenings, other times TBD
· Cardio Core- Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings
· Hatha Yoga-Thursday evenings and/or Saturday mornings
· Chair Yoga-Friday mornings
· New art program-Week days, flexible
· Aqua Aerobics –Week days/weekends, flexible (June-August)
· Environmental Education-Week days/weekends, flexible
· Or if you have ideas or suggestions for a class or program, please indicate this on your application.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are:
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the public.
· Ability to handle problems as they arise.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Current CPR Certification.
· Experience and certifications may apply depending on the class (Zumba, Group Class Certification.
· High School diploma or GED plus a minimum of two years progressive customer service experience and instruction experience is preferred.
TO APPLY for the above position please continue and complete the following application being sure to attach the required resume and cover letter.
The resume must include the last ten years of your employment history. Please be sure to include in your cover letter an explanation of courses/classes that you are qualified and certified in leading.
For best consideration apply immediately, as applications are accepted only until filled.