Manage and supervise assigned recreation program areas and events for the Parks & Recreation Department including special population and Special Olympics.
- Develop, organize, schedule and supervise assigned programs and events offered by Olathe Parks & Recreation including athletics, youth and adult fitness, aquatics, cultural arts programs, camps, adaptive recreation programs, and instructional classes.
- Assist in monitoring community involvement and support of assigned programs.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate recreation program personnel (regular and/or seasonal); provide or coordinate assigned personnel training; evaluate personnel performance; work with employees to correct deficiencies; as assigned.
- Participate in annual budget development processes for assigned programs; monitor expenditures and ensure adherences to budget; gather data for annual budget; recommend budget adjustments and modifications as appropriate and necessary.
- Maintain records and develop reports and related correspondence concerning new or ongoing programs and events; maintain and file related reports as required.
- Participate in the preparation of program marketing material including flyers, schedules of events, pamphlets and brochures; oversee distribution of published materials.
- Provide assistants to participants as necessary; respond to questions regarding assigned programs; assist with special programs and events as assigned.
- Monitor and evaluate quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned recreational programs.
- As assigned, present program specifications to public school groups, Council meetings, and others in the community.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives and priorities for assigned programs and services.
- Keep abreast of trends and innovations in the field of recreation.
- P erform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience : 3 - 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in recreation programming including 2 to 3 years of administrative or supervisory experience.
Education : Equivalent to a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Recreation Administration, Leisure Services, or a related field. Requires CPR and Red Cross First Aid training.
Must past a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. Requires a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
SUPERVISED BY : Recreation Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Recreation paid staff and volunteer staff for the assigned recreation and special population program areas.