Job Summary: |
The Recreation Program Supervisor is responsible for all areas of assigned recreation programs. This position d evelops, implements, and supervises programs to ensure the recreation needs of Roseville residents are being met with high quality programs, events, and services that promote community wellness.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Recreation Program Supervisor works under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation and is directly responsible for recreation experiences involving adult leagues and opportunities, youth programs, environmental education, arts, wellness and volunteers. The position will have a specific area of recreation focus, supervise numerous seasonal employees, and have program budget responsibility in the fee and non-fee Recreation budget. There is frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses and relationships involve the overall organization and individual customers or vendors. This position sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance and performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis having limited financial impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Implement recreation programs and activities for the City of Roseville that provide for constructive use of leisure time, opportunities for social interaction, and physical and cognitive development.
2. Coordinate services and opportunities internally within City schedules and externally considering activities offered by School District, County, and other agencies, to provide recreation programs and experiences to residents and guests for maximum participation.
3. Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise contract and seasonal staff to conduct programs in the most effective manner to achieve program objectives.
4. Evaluate all aspects of assigned programs to assure they are functioning and achieving goals as projected.
5. Promote and market recreation programs, events and services through a variety of public relations activities. Develops publicity plans for activities that need special promotion. Provide program information for the Park and Recreation Brochure.
6. Maintain an online presence using website, social media and other current technologies for sharing information, maximizing marketing opportunities and maintaining ongoing and timely communication
7. Develop and submit budgets for assigned programs and activities. Administer approved budgets accordingly. Provide timely budget analysis and projections.
8. Work cooperatively with recreation team, across department units and with city staff to provide optimal wellness and recreation opportunities. Keep Assistant Director informed of important developments within assigned areas of responsibility.
9. Act as staff liaison and advisor to community groups.
10. Performs other duties, and assumes other responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
Skills & Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Solid working knowledge of government and recreational programing.
· Possess strong leadership, problem solving and interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, contractors, and the public.
· Possesses excellent organizational and customer service skills
· Communicates well both verbally and in writing
· Uses high degree of tact, courtesy, and sound judgment.
· Ability and desire to project a professional image through knowledge of job, positive attitude, and accurate and timely completion of work.
Minimum job requirements are a four year degree in a related area or equivalent and at least 2 years of related experience, or equivalent. The Recreation Supervisor must have the ability to provide the leadership necessary to develop and implement sound programs; as well as the ability to plan, delegate, and direct the work of part-time and volunteer recreational personnel.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions:
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Most work is in a normal office environment with some outdoor work included. Work schedule and location within Roseville varies to include some evenings and weekends for program management or scheduled events. Lifting or moving of sixty pounds or less is required up to 15% of the time.
The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for a wide range of programming. The many recreation opportunities have deadlines and/or date requirements and demand significant attention to detail. Up to 45% of the time work is performed at a high level of detail or pressure of deadlines.
City of Roseville, MN - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard