Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, this position will facilitate the provision of recreational activities for City citizens. This is accomplished by providing numerous forms of customer service at the Murphy Community Center and Murphy Activity Center. Other duties may include registering citizens for classes, camps and activities, processing POS transactions, registering citizens for membership, assisting in opening and closing duties, maintaining the facilities, providing various administrative services and interfacing with other City employees and citizens.
Examples of Duties:
1. Provides customer service by greeting members, answering and directing phone calls, providing facility information, including class schedules, hours of operation and policies, distributing equipment, supervising member activities within facilities and by answering member questions and concerns.
2. Registers citizens for classes, camps and activities by operating membership software, entering data, taking payments, filing records and providing members with pertinent information regarding the facility and registration.
3. Processes POS transactions by operating Rec Trac Software, entering and recording sales transactions and taking payments.
4. Registers citizens for membership by operating Rec Trac software, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed and filed, entering information into computer system and accepting payments.
5. Processes reservations for citizens for indoor and outdoor recreation facilities by operating Rec Trac software, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed and filed, entering information into computer system and accepting any necessary payments.
6. Assists in opening and closing facilities by organizing front desk work area, accounting for checks and payments taken in and printing reports for reconciliation of check payments and record of all daily transactions.
7. Maintains facilities, interior and exterior, by reporting complaints and problems, making calls for repair, handling customer complaints where appropriate.
8. Provides various administrative services by ensuring safety in front lobby, assisting with development of brochures, signs and other marketing tools, maintaining adequate levels of supplies and marketing tools, assisting with special events and providing clerical based services.
Must have excellent leadership, organizational and communicative skills, both oral and written. Must have a general working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Must be a creative self-starter who can work independently or in a group setting. A great deal of diplomacy is required in daily interactions with members of the public. High school diploma or GED is preferred. Working towards a bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation, Physical Education or related field is preferred; A minimum of six months of experience in recreation and special event programs is preferred. Must possess valid State of Texas class C driver’s license.
To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to perform physical activities to include kneeling, bending, twisting, dragging, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 lbs of various recreational and athletic equipment; to talk, see, hear, and read; to work in adverse environmental conditions; and to maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship with citizens, the general public, employees, and volunteers. Must be able to work various hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
City of Murphy - 2 years ago