- Part-time position Reports to the supervisor, recreation. Responsible for carrying out specialty programs, general recreation activities, and sports.
1. Assist the manager or supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
2. Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation/avocation activities.
3. Conduct recreation activities and classes.
4. Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
5. Coordinate the new enrollee recreation orientation program.
6. Control use of buildings, equipment and supplies.
7. Instruct in a variety of specialty activities such as physical education, arts and crafts, drama, dance music, and safety and challenge by choice.
8. Provide student transportation to and from center sponsored functions.
9. Coordinate physical education classes.
10. Counsel students or behavior, social skills, and personal problems; coordinate with counselors with necessary.
11. Serve as staff advisor to student government association (SGA) and recreation council.
12. Assist with arts and crafts activities.
13. Oversee special activities; maintain and develop liaisons with community organizations, and recreational programs and facilities.
14. Assist with the development of weekly. Month, and annual plans and activities.
15. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
16. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
17. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students here necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behavior through interventions.
18. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year related experience. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Will be required to obtain a comercial drivers license within 90 days of employement.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...