**All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
- You must be a current Snowbird Employee in good standing to be considered for this position.
Under the direction of Iron Blosam Management
Work with owners recreation director to provide quality programs and activities.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Develop, coordinate and implement children and adult craft classes, games and storytelling.
2. Plan classes and games, shop for supplies, set-up, teach, and clean up after classes.
3. Must have everything planned and organized for classes, and effectively utilize the assistance of other recreation staff
4. Coordinate and lead group walks around the resort village and surrounding areas.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. College degree in related field preferred. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
1 Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be able to lead group walks around the resort village and surrounding areas.
Skills & Knowledge
Must demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing speaking simple arithmetic, basic accounting principles, and interpersonal relations. A knack for arts, crafts, story telling and games. Able to stay within a given budget. Typically requiring face-to-face interactions such as interpersonal skills, communication, customer service, etc.
Must be First Aid/CPR certified. Wilderness and Remote First Aid certified , preferred.
Must have basic knowledge of Snowbird and Utah history as well as Little Cottonwood Canyon flora and fauna.
Plan and organize classes and effectively utilize staff on hand to assist.
1. Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, with some nights and weekends as required by workload and special events.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures. May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
4. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
5. Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail with limited outdoor exposure.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Snowbird - 10 months ago