Under supervision, perform very responsible work for the Public Programs division including but not limited to determining recreational needs of targeted groups and communities.
• Work closely with the Chief of Programming and Strategic Management, Borough Recreation Chiefs and Recreation Staff at all levels to manage the strategic approach to program delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, improving the consistency and quality of Recreation offerings across the city through performance measurement.
• Develop approaches and protocols for performance measurement including defining program objectives, creating methods for collecting relevant data and program information, developing new ways to collect information from attendees and analyzing this information in the improvement of existing programs and creation of new programs.
• Coordinate evaluation processes within the division including surveys of students, staff and parents. Determine best methods for collecting and organizing information. Focus on program outcomes, populations served and attendance.
• Track and research community statistics relevant to program development and implementation including populations served historical data, related programs and landscape for grant opportunities.
• Create a staff development action plan that will systematically improve the variety and quality of offerings and build Recreation staff's skill set.
• Align training offerings with the division's mission and goals. Employ strategies for efficient and effective seasonal recruitment and hiring to support division aims.
• Hire, coach, supervise, and provide support with regard to professional development, training opportunities and performance incentives for Recreation division staff.
• Address how we can better serve a variety of specific populations within our Recreation Centers - including teens, seniors, toddlers and families - by conducting needs assessments; designing, implementing and evaluating pilot programs; and cultivating an understanding of local needs at NYC Parks 35 Recreation Centers.
• Work closely with other divisions within the Agency on the management of specific strategic initiatives such as Computer Resource Center Programming, Sustainability and Emergency Preparedness.
• Serve as an agency liaison in dealings with other city agencies and the public.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and two years of satisfactory, full-time experience in recreation leadership; or
2. Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above.
1. Masters degree.
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, writing and time-management skills.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
5. Valid New York State driver license.
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period.
1) Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) under Recruiting Activities
2) Search for Job ID# 119403
For all other applicants:
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID# 119403
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates within 90 days of hire.
NYC Careers - 16 months ago