This position performs professional and supervisory responsibilities related to the development, coordination, and implementation of various youth and adult programs and serves as the facility supervisor of Eppes Recreation Center and Thomas Foreman Park.
Examples of Duties:
• Plans, programs, schedules, and supervises classes, activities, athletic leagues, tournaments and special events. Organizes fairs and events. Promotes programs and activities through publications, presentations, and promotional material.
• Supervises the Eppes Recreation Center operations including opening/closing the facility and event setup. Requisitions supplies and equipment necessary to operate various activities and programs, investigates accidents and incidents, reports damages and losses.
• Prepares and maintains reservations and attendance records and reports, employee timesheets, accident/incident reports, and other documentation. Assists with budget preparation for programs and facilities.
• Supervises full-time and part-time center staff. Recruits, trains, and evaluates sports officials, coaches, and volunteers.
• Works collaboratively with other employees, City departments, and outside organizations to implement a variety of activities and events.
• Serves on department and/or City committees. Schedules and coordinates indoor and outdoor facilities. Collects fees and payments.
Education and Experience:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in recreation administration or closely related field; and
• Three to five years of related experience in a recreational setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• the principles, practices, and techniques of recreation administration;
• policies and regulations affecting the operation of an athletic center;
• athletic league rules, regulations, and applications;
• first aid, CPR, and AED techniques;
• fiscal procedures and practices.
• using athletic tools and equipment;
• using office equipment, including computers and related software.
• plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate various center activities;
• create league game schedules and tournament brackets;
• train, supervise, and evaluate league officials and other employees;
• communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• follow oral and written instructions;
• deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
• perform work requiring good physical and mental condition;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general pub.
• Valid North Carolina driver's license and acceptable driving record;
• Must possess (or obtain within 90 days of hire) and maintain valid Red Cross First Aid, AED, and CPR certifications;
• Requires working a varied schedule to include nights and weekends.
City of Greenville, NC - 12 months ago
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...