Candidates must have:|
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy/Leisure Services.
- Certification in Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
- One year of experience with a frail or elderly population is preferred.
The Center for Senior Independence, a leading provider of senior care, is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager. At CSI (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), we strive to be the most outstanding and innovative senior care facility in Southeast Michigan. CSI is looking to expand to multiple sites within the next 5 years with a goal to service over 1000 eligible seniors. CSI is Medicare and Medicaid dual eligible program. As a managed care capitated program, CSI functions as the insurer and care provider for all patients. Our goal is to help frail seniors continue to live in their own homes with dignity by providing all medical and social services necessary, at our Center and in their own homes. At CSI, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our quality facilities.
Under general direction of the Center Manager and according to departmental procedures the Recreation Therapist assists in the planning, developing and implementing recreation therapy groups that are designed to meet the social, physical, spiritual, emotional and cognitive needs of the participant. The recreation therapist participates in the initial and interval assessment process of all candidates or participants of the CSI program. Communicates his/her assessment findings to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and assists in the formulation of a coordinated care plan to meet the individual needs of each participant. Continuously evaluates and seeks to improve the Recreation Therapy Program at the Center for Senior Independence. Principal duties include:
Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check and health screening, including drug test, TB and MMR.
- Coordinates with the Recreation Coordinator in the development of the monthly recreation therapy calendar.
- Assures that all scheduled RT groups are carried out according to the monthly RT calendar.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and develop recreational groups to meet participant needs.
- Facilitates RT groups and stimulation in order to meet the RT care plan goals and needs of the participants.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment and informs the Recreation Coordinator when supplies need to be replenished.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all required documentation including intakes, care plans, reviews and progress notes.
- Demonstrates leadership ability when leading groups and in delegation of work with other disciplines.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills and demonstrates the ability to work with other disciplines.
Have you registered yet?
Resource Management - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
We're a PEO whose purpose is to administer the day to day functions of being an employer, so our clients can focus their efforts on growing...