The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all youth residing in Southwest Key Programs care receive daily physical activity and leisure time according to Office of Refugee Resettlement and Southwest Key Programs policies. The Recreational Coordinator is required to maintain a flexible, organized and efficient work schedule and is subject to work extended hours, weekends, and be on-call.
- Assist with developing written policies and procedures regarding recreation and leisure.
- Develop activities that are developmentally and age appropriate.
- As needed, coordinate and supervise clients offsite recreation and leisure activities. May be required to transport clients to and from such activities.
- Assist with the coordination of Physical Education instruction and other large muscle activities in coordination with the Program Director or designee as required by state and federal requirements.
- Must provide Direct Care Services to youth to ensure that ratios and appropriate supervision levels are continuously met as per state and federal requirements.
- Develop positive rapport with youth while serving as a role model to create a safe and caring environment.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of special educational events (to include but not limited to: spelling bee, science fair), acculturation activities (Cesar Chavez Day, Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Holi-Festival of Colors, 16 th of September), educational (to include but not limited to: visits to museums) and recreational outings (to include but not limited to: movies, park, amusement parks), assist in the coordination of student council activities and other meaningful experiences for SWK youth which promotes volunteerism and learning.
- High School Diploma or GED with experience working with youth either through paid or unpaid positions.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and eligible to drive to facilitate program services as per contractual requirements.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Cleared drug test results (this one is for Texas programs only).
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with recreational planning for youth.
Southwest Key Programs - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard