Supervise staff, which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, developing goals, and creating procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
Evaluates safe work practices in job performance reviews.
Monitors changes in current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards to ensure the safety of guests, members and associates.
Prepare and plan strategies on an as needed basis regarding the management of the marina slips and hotel apartments and distributes to the reservations, front office and hotel wide team information to promote to programs for th goal of full occupancy in marina slips and apartments
Performs administrative functions such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submits such to the Director of Rooms as required.
Reports recreation’s operational concerns to the Director of Rooms along with suggestions for improvement.
Will be the property manager for the apartments and the marina slips, which includes the management of both areas maintenance and assist with the collection of rent.
Solicits advice from other departments concerning the operation of the Recreation Department to identify problem areas and/or improve services.
Provides written and/or oral reports of programs and activities as required, or as directed by management.
Meets with recreation staff on a regular basis to develop, conduct, and evaluate activities.
Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and to supervise professional and non-professional personnel
Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years of hotel management experience within the last five (5) years. Primarily works outdoors throughout the hotel & apartment and around the boating slips. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Interacts with guests, tenants, associates, and children etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Attention to detail.
- Good human relation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the hotel and marina.
- Well developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activities practices.
- High degree of organizational skills (prioritizing, multitasking, planning, coordinating and managing).
- Demonstrates decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Recreation Department.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Have proven strong leadership ability, motivational skills, and enthusiasm.
- Previous property management experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.