The Recreational Therapist is responsible for developing and
implementing various aspects of the recreational therapy program
based upon each units needs and demographics.
• Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic
• Previous mental
health experience preferred.
• Inpatient experience
as a CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist) required.
• NCI (nonviolent crisis intervention) required. This
training also offered upon hire.
• Written and oral communication skills.
Skills in leading therapeutic recreational groups for all ages.
• Skills in time management.
• Knowledge of acute
psychological disorders, and advanced principals of abnormal
• Skills in maintaining information as highly
• Must demonstrate the ability to treat all
age populations as needed or have the capacity to develop skills
through the organization’s cross-training, orientation program.
• Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical
information via written correspondence and medical records
Universal Health Services - 2 years ago