Incumbent serves as a Recruiter, responsible for staffing positions in various departments and advising managers on hiring processes and decisions.
- Recruits for various company positions in Sales and other departments using an applicant tracking system.
- Manages online postings on various job boards.
- Selects cost effective recruiting sources.
- Adjusts and fine tunes job descriptions to target and attract top talent.
- Conducts phone interviews and other pre-screeners for job candidates; analyzes responses; verifies references; compares qualifications to job requirements.
- Maintains and grows relationships with local universities and attends career fairs and other employment related events.
- Seeks unique and alternate recruiting methods and sources for candidates.
- Utilizes social networking for recruiting purposes.
- Processes candidate background checks.
- Builds relationships and trust with hiring managers.
- Builds strong and ongoing relationships with candidates in order to fill the pipeline for future openings.
- Responds to employment inquiries from candidates and the general public.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in human resources, management, or related field.
- Experience working with an ATS in a high volume recruiting environment preferred.
- CSP or PHR certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of staffing, employment law, and human resources.
- Skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, creative thinking and decision making.
- Strong computer skills are required in MS Office (particularly Excel), internet, email, phone systems, etc.
- Skills in sourcing candidates, particularly for high volume positions and specialty skill/niche positions.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to handle positions in several different areas.
- Ability to network and sell (for recruiting purposes).
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to speak on telephone for multiple hours per day.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
- This position occasionally works evenings and more than 40 hours per week.
Angie's List - 18 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...