Recruit qualified applicants for all open positions. Responsibilities will include maintaining contact with multiple offices in regards to current and projected staffing needs, writing job postings, maintaining relationships with networking resources, recruiting Engineering staff from schools, marketing open positions through local and community papers, researching job fairs, posting ads internally and externally and developing new ways to locate candidates.
Also, individual will be contacting potential candidates, screening resumes, providing potential employees with adequate job descriptions and company data, scheduling phone an in-person interviews throughout all locations, inputting employee increase and status changes, processing references and background checks, generating reports, and assisting Director of Human Resources with special projects. Directly reports to the Director of Human Resources with significant contact with Executive Staff, Managers, Supervisors, employees and applicants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit qualified applicants for professional/technical exempt and non-exempt positions, including management personnel by job-postings and/or advertising in appropriate publications to comply with current EEO guidelines; reviews and evaluates all personnel requests, writing and placement of recruitment, advertising, review of resumes and job applications, refers qualified candidates, tests, updates employee job position board.
- Run classified ads as needed. Verify the ad placements by reviewing the newspapers and periodicals in which the ads were placed; put a copy of ads ran in pending payable file to be matched up with the appropriate invoice; open, date stamp and distribute resumes/applications within twenty-four hours of receipt.
- Call applicants and schedule interviews/testing as directed by the Director of Human Resources.
- Submit background checks to background screening company; verify prior employment; present completed background checks and prior-employments to the Vice President/human Resources; notify supervisors of status of applicants.
- Responsible for research, organization and attendance of all career/job fairs.
- Interview prospective applicants as needed. Evaluate technical qualifications of candidates; checks references and makes recommendations.
- Extend offers of employment, if necessary; negotiate pay rates, review employment physicals and discuss with applicant positive or negative findings.
- Monitor drug testing foe new employees in conjunction with pre-employment background checks and CTC Immigration Policies.
- Prepare all new hire packets as well as Supervisor Training Manuals.
- Conduct new employee orientations to foster a positive attitude toward company goals.
- Reviews all required employment paperwork; reviews company policies with all new employees. Keeps record of personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Responsible for obtaining all required documentation for the purpose of satisfying the I-9 as well as employee signed acknowledgements of all required policies and procedures.
- Creation of all new employee personnel, confidential, timecard and education files.
- Represent Company with outside vendors to provide employee services, such as employment agencies, pre-employment background checks companies and labs.
- Type letters, memorandums, reports, forms, and various other materials as requested.
- Refer difficult and unusual problems to an appropriate staff member.
- HRIS database updates and changes as needed.
- Assist staff with projects, filing, copies, faxes, and audits.
- Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive an positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work of different assignment positions.
- Assist with other jobs and other duties as necessary.
- Minimum of two years of experience in recruiting and personnel management or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is preferred.
- Knowledge of the organization and function of the corporation.
- Knowledge of the principles of administration with particular emphasis on personnel administration.
- Knowledge of laws governing labor relations and wage and hour law.
- Ability to relate to the needs and concerns of employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates, subordinates, officials and employees of together divisions and agencies.
- Ability to use modern office equipment and software programs as applicable to the position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must.
- Ability to ensure through follow-up meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform all functions listed above to an acceptable level with little or no supervision and to seek additional responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to multi task in a fast pace environment.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours as needed for the position.
Indeed - 24 months ago
CTC Global is committed to providing the highest quality products for the power generation and transmission industry. Our highly skilled and...