Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey is a leading provider of vocational, youth and community redevelopment services for people with special needs. With more than 70 programs in 30 sites throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island and Northern New Jersey, our services extend a helping hand, and facilitate empowerment, self-help and service for more than 100,000 persons each year and place four people in jobs every hour of every business day.
We are very excited to announce that Goodwill’s Human Resources department is currently seeking a result driven recruiter to join our team in our satellite HR office in Manhattan. In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing our Applicant Tracking System (iRecruit), updating job postings in multiple online job boards and on our website career section as well as maintain a social media presence through search engine optimization. The recruiter will partner with hiring managers for effective interviewing techniques to make best selection. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources
If you are looking for a career in Human Resources, this is a great opportunity to obtain a position that will provide you with the satisfaction of making a difference and supporting a 100 year old mission.
BA/BS in related field required and a minimum of three to five years of experience working in a similar position providing organizational recruitment level support.
Must have knowledge of all specialized functions at Goodwill, and a basic understanding of the organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with managers on vacancies, requisition, job postings and best recruitment practices.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews of potential candidates, pre-employment testing, and reference checks.
- Interviewing, and referring qualified applicants to respective openings companywide (Heavy emphasis on the retail division).
- Planning and placing all recruitment ads (internet, print etc)
- Organize hiring events for new retail stores and programs.
- Fully Implement and develop iRecruit to its full potential.
- Minimize the impact of turnover by replacing lost employees as quickly and economically as possible.
We offer competitive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental, 403B retirement plan with employer contribution, pre-tax commuter expense program, a full service EAP, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacation.
- Compile monthly reports on recruitment activities and set timelines for future
For immediate consideration, please create an account and apply
Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard