Harris Connect, the leader in publishing and marketing of alumni and affinity-group directories, is seeking Recruiter for the Call Center in Chesapeake, VA office. We are searching for a “world-class" professional to join our elite team. The Recruiter must have prior executive and high demand recruiting experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Experience in high volume Recruiting particularly in a Call Center environment, prior experience in Human Resources in Payroll, Benefits, and Employee Relations preferred. Must have knowledge of federal and state hiring practices and guidelines. Demonstrated ability to communicate duties of open positions clearly and concisely. Excellent at assessment of qualities necessary to perform functions for various positions. Must be self directed and able to use time effectively to meet departmental goals. Flexible and able to adapt quickly to an ever changing work environment.
- Creates and places recruitment advertising on electronic job boards, in local papers, at area schools, radio, and other media as needed.
- Conducts in depth employment interviews, evaluating applicants and making job offers.
- Performs reference checks.
- Coordinates with training, operations and other staff on issues and ideas, which will positively impact retention and improve recruitment efforts.
- Plans and attends area job fairs.
- Manages all aspects of the recruitment function for positions within the Chesapeake Center. Maintains daily applicant flow log, application filing system, and new hire rosters.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor in all interactions with current and/or potential candidates and company personnel.
- Exhibits professional oral and written communication skills and ensures the appropriate flow of information through all organizational levels.
- Exhibits an understanding of company goals and objectives and what role this position plays in achieving them.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
Education/Experience: College degree with selected courses in Human Resources or business related experience equivalent to four years. Degree preferred.
Please submit your resume with Recruiter on the subject line to email@example.com .
All Responses will be kept confidential. EOE, no third party phone calls please.
Required knowledge or skills: Proficiency in electronic job sourcing with CareerBuilder, Monster, etc.; social media recruiting including Linked In, resume mining capabilities, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to create and maintain simple Excel spreadsheet reports (headcount information, etc.), requiring mathematical aptitude. Strong verbal and written communication skills in individual situation as well as large groups.
This is a full time, exempt position with competitive salary and full benefit options including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, FSA, Legal, generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, bereavement, jury duty, tuition reimbursement program, 401(k).
Monster - 22 months ago