Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
$33,618 (min) - $43,100 (mid)
Responsible for performing paraprofessional activities in support of a student affairs function or service requiring specialized training and/or experience in the area of assignment. Responsibilities may include providing oversight of office/unit activities; providing direct student assistance including problem resolution; organizing special events, marketing and/or promotions; coordinating with other departments and/or agencies; and generating records and reports. Incumbents may have lead responsibility for lower level support or technical staff.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
1. Provides complex, specialized administrative support in preparing and processing confidential documents, preparing forms, letters, and memos, generating and processing reports for administrative use, maintaining departmental data and/or other related documents.
2. Oversees and manages applications for enrollment, financial aid, scholarships, transfer, and student eligibility in assigned department; reviews forms and documents to verify accuracy and completeness.
3. Coordinates, develops materials for, and participates in various marketing events, and schedules and conducts workshops and orientations to provide information about services and programs for assigned department.
4. Counsels students, potential students, and family on enrollment process, available resources, and eligibility requirements for various programs.
5. Maintains a variety of confidential files and records.
6. May serve as a lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring work and providing direction.
7. Serves on a various committees and boards with other internal departments, external schools and businesses, and other community agencies to assist with implementation of recruitment and enrollment initiatives and promote college enrollment.
8. Reviews work flow, processes, and customer service levels for compliance with policy and procedures, and effective delivery of services.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree and three years of progressively responsible experience in area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Some positions may require a Bachelor’s degree
Job Specific Task List
1. Recruit prospective students by communicating the enrollment process, program-specific details, and general HACC information via email, telephone, personal meetings, walk-in inquiries, campus tours, and group information sessions. Some sessions will include large group public speaking.
2. Create and deliver presentations tailored to specific target audiences including, but not limited to, high school students, adults, prospective students of color, special populations and community organizations.
3. Assist in the planning and organizing of special events for the purpose of providing outreach and increasing the enrollment of students of color.
4. Maintain a schedule of events for recruitment activities including on-campus visits and tours for prospective students and groups.
5. Assist in the development of materials for special recruitment events including information sessions, orientations, and other events to promote college and departmental opportunities.
6. Assist the office of secondary partnerships with the recruitment and admission of high school students into college in the high school and early college programs,
7. Work with other College offices to attain expertise in and assist with recruitment activities in key areas including academic and other programs, student populations, and special projects.
8. Represent the college at area schools by interacting with classes and individual students, and establish and maintain relationships with school counselors, teachers and administrators.
9. Represent the college at community and business agencies and at community events including college, career, and education fairs. Establish and maintain community contacts for recruitment purposes.
10. Collaborate with other college departments, local businesses, and community groups to form partnerships for the promotion and marketing of the college. Serve on internal and external committees to implement recruitment initiatives and promote college enrollment.
11. Generate and process BANNER reports and develop and maintain tracking systems to review prospect information and provide outreach. Maintain departmental data and related documents and assist in increasing the overall percentage of yield for admitted/enrolled students.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Harrisburg Area Community College - 11 months ago