Direct Reports: None
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
J Brand is a leading global fashion brand that continues to grow and expand each year since its inception. In that spirit, J Brand is seeking to add to its Human Resource team to ensure through growth the company will continue to elevate the brand and its culture by searching for the best talent. The Recruiter position will support the company in recruitment of top talent for corporate and retail expansions to ensure a continuous bench of talent, assist with workforce planning, employee retention and learning and development training programs.
J Brand is looking for someone who is highly organized, able to take and understand direction, has a keen sense to detail and accuracy, work pro-actively and efficiently by completing tasks and deadlines and maintains professionalism at all times despite the environment going on around you. You must exercise and maintain a highly integral work ethic and level of confidentiality
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Meet with Department Leaders and Director to discuss business operations from an organizational development perspective in workforce planning/forecasting to develop and implement sourcing strategies of top talent for current and future domestic roles, and identify areas where further training may be needed.
• Collaborate with Director and Department Leaders in defining positions and associated expectations for any given role, including verifying FLSA exemptions, compensation requirements, and candidate qualifications.
• Compose and update job descriptions as needed and place within Manager intranet portal for accessibility to support in annual performance process.
• Partner with Director and appropriate cross-functional departments to execute effective talent brand initiatives that align with consumer brand to achieve overall global brand identity, presence and integrity, including, project managing internal talent brand tools such as publication and release of external recruiting newsletter, internal corporate newsletter, career fair outreach and other modalities.
• Perform functions of a full cycle recruiting process to creatively and proactively recruit for career opportunities in open, up and coming, and passive status by utilizing various methods of candidate sourcing (e.g. online job posting, resume searches, crowd pooling, industry networking, employee referrals, cold calls, career fairs, social media avenues) all while successfully marketing the company talent brand attributes to maintain a high quality pool of ready candidates to ensure a reduced time-to-fill.
• Using ATS identify through basic employment match criteria viable candidates, route to assigned Department Leader, pre-screen via telephone selected candidates, schedule, host and participate to conduct interviews based on core competencies, behavior and tested skills as well as seek alignment to support the company philosophy and practices. Receive and enter feedback in ATS.
• Post interview completion, partner with hiring team for primary tier candidate selection, conduct employment verifications, reference and background checks. Discuss results with hiring team for final candidate selection. Prepare and extend verbal and formal offer and actively participate to negotiate terms of offer.
• Co-facilitate with HR Coordinator in onboarding process upon acceptance of candidate offer. This process includes but is not limited to obtaining approvals for furniture, computer hardware, software and technology access requests.
• Responsible for using, maintaining, and consistently updating Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to maintain job postings including navigating with efficiency through the ATS and maintain its data integrity.
• Identify and maintain pro-active lists of qualified candidates for future openings to develop an effective pipeline of key talent from competitors and industry leaders.
• Initiate the development of a strong professional network within the greater Los Angeles area to support recruiting efforts by attending in-person mixers, social and fashion events, making site visits to local colleges/trade schools, and using social media networking tools (i.e., LinkedIn).
• Generate, analyze and distribute on a regular basis reports that communicate with team the current pipeline forecast and metrics to identify and refine recruitment strategy for maximum ROI.
• Keep current with any changing federal or state regulations, internal policies and procedures that will impact company’s talent management initiatives. Keep business partners in the know, as well as implement and administer updates to maintain integrity on best practices, EEO, and fair practices.
• Assist with authoring, implementing, reviewing, and updating recruiting training guides, procedures, template letters and forms, documentation of best practices, and evaluation of workflow strategies for best efficiency and productivity to ensure the successful operation and growth of the Corporate & Retail expansion recruiting efforts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Establish relationships with key partners to ensure that Human Resources is seen as a key business partner within the organization and promote teamwork and cross-functional collaboration throughout the business units.
• Maintain professional relationships and demeanor at all times. Treat coworkers and members of management with courtesy and respect at all times.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: 3 to 5 years direct experience in recruiting capacity in apparel industry along with Bachelors’ Degree from college or university. PHR Certification nice but not required. Candidate must be proficient using PC Computer and MS Office Suite software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel). Experience in use of recruitment Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), preferably Taleo/Oracle. HRIS systems knowledge preferred but not required. Verbal and written communication skills in English as first language is required, along with fluent verbal speaking skills in Spanish as second language required.
Other Requirements/Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, timely follow through of key initiatives, time and project management, strong background in wide range of job categories within corporate wholesale apparel and specialty retail environment; good understanding of sourcing and selection techniques; strong interview skills and ability to select high-quality talent; experience on selection methodologies and testing for competencies; fiscal responsibility. May require travel up to 5%. Overnight travel may be required with transportation by plane, and use of rental car, or other transit modes. Local use of personal vehicle may be required on occasion, therefore a clean driving record and current insurance is required as well as maintained.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; is regularly required to talk or hear; and occasionally walk, stand or otherwise move self in a reasonable way position to perform the essential duty. The employee must occasionally lift, carry or otherwise move or position up to 25 pounds.
What’s In It For You:
• An open and casual environment in the fashion industry.
• Medical, dental, life and vision insurance.
• Retirement Plan
No phone calls please.
Launched in 2004 by Founder and CEO, Jeff Rudes, J Brand set out to create a timeless, classic and sophisticated collection of women's denim...