ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following ( other duties may be assigned):
- Identify and recruit potential Lab Support Associates through referrals, job fairs, company/client-sponsored events, establishing relationships with local college and technical school placement offices, and developing new recruiting sources.
- Generate and actively recruit referrals from current and former Lab Support Associates and call all Lab Support Associates not currently on assignment.
- Phone screen potential applicants. Interview qualified applicants and test appropriate specialties.
- Perform all necessary Human Resource functions for Lab Support Associates; including verifying references, previous work experience, and all applicable licensure/certification(s)/OSHA requirements, obtaining assignment evaluations for performance reviews, and documenting and administering disciplinary action as necessary.
- Obtain detailed information from clients with new job orders and place Lab Support Associates on assignments in a timely manner.
- Build productive relationships with new and existing clients, employees and coworkers.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all applicable state and local government, accrediting agency, and client-specific contractual laws/requirements.
- Maintain applicant and client files; computer and paper.
- Provide backup assistance to Client Development, Regional Leader, and other departments as requested.
- Prior recruiting or staffing experience; staffing experience in scientific industry or related field preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Internet and Email; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Must be an energetic, detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated and self-directed individual with ability to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and negotiating skills; including a demonstrated ability to work well and effectively with others.
- Familiarity with Lab Support delivery systems (biotech, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, chemical, personal care etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Rochelle Park, NJ
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
On Assignment, Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), is a leading global provider of in-demand, skilled professionals in the growing technology, healthcare,...