Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The Recruiting department is a dynamic group within the Human Resources organization that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the lines of business to recruit, acquire, motivate, develop, and retain top talent. We are seeking team members who can thrive with little supervision in a fast paced environment that is undergoing change. To be successful, you must possess a passion for building and maintaining strong professional relationships and for developing a deep understanding of the business and its unique challenges.
We are looking for a Recruiter to support our Gas Operations groups with proven ability to manage a high volume of tasks with little supervision. This is a fast paced position in growing organization. The successful candidate can hit the ground running, create and execute strategic sourcing strategies, is able to perform full lifecycle recruiting and will maintain excellent relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and team members to efficiently drive the process and produce results.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop business cases and service requirements, while creating and managing strategic alliances. This candidate must also have the ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing high-volume recruitment processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in full lifecycle recruiting including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, and relationship management
- PHR or SPHR
- Experience in recruiting, with emphasis on gas operations, oil/petroleum industry,
- Experience with government regulations relating to hiring practices, including but not limited to: OFCCP, EEO, and Affirmative Action
- Experience or familiarity with eRecruiting as an applicant tracking and recruitment tool
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of human resource administration
- Experience with in-house recruiting for large organizations (10,000+ employees)
- Energy and utility experience
- Provide exceptional client service and manage the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing, and administrative components involved in full lifecycle recruiting at PG&E
- Serves as single point of contact to leaders within the Lines of Business for all recruiting matters.
- Creates and implements strategic sourcing and recruiting strategies to meet client needs.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong working relationships with managers, HR Business Partners, vendors, community organizations, and other HR team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility
- Conduct complete and detailed intake sessions, ensuring an understanding of job duties responsibilities and business requirements
- Work with hiring manager on creating prescreening questions to assist with qualifying candidates/phone screens
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Identify opportunities to positively impact diversity hiring efforts
- Build an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required
- Work cooperatively with all members of the staffing team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities
- Visit hiring manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture and use that understanding to help candidates fully understand the opportunity
- Uses effective communication approaches that include proactively keeping others informed, appropriately expressing ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form and timeliness
- Conducts follow-up calls and quality-improvement studies with hiring managers and new hires
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 22 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...