Responsible for full cycle talent acquisition for exempt and non-exempt staff.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Job Specific Expectations:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Previous Experience: 3 to 5 years of recent recruitment experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Licensure/Certifications: PHR preferred.
- Knowledge/Training: Demonstrates understanding of HR and recruitment practices and applicable labor laws. Knowledge and experience with HR information systems. Ceridian experience preferred. Experience with innovative recruiting in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft office – including Word & Excel.
- Transportation: Must have reliable transportation. Position is based at Corporate office.
- Other: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include proof reading. Proven organization and time management skills. Excellent reasoning, judgment and negotiation skills. Ability to analyze candidate information to determine appropriate fit for position. Assesses candidate viability using behavioral based interviewing techniques. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Meets with Department Manager/VP on a regular basis (minimum - every two weeks) to review recruitment needs and develop strategies for improving overall recruitment process.
- Evaluates the recruitment plan on a monthly basis and provides updates to VP of HR of effectiveness of campaigns utilized.
- Recommends alternative strategies to fill vacant positions identified as hard to fill.
Interview and Selection
- Sources potential candidates from applicant tracking database, internal candidates and external sources. Effectively utilizes media sources (LinkedIn) to target passive recruits. Maintains database of potential and inactive sources.
- Reviews all resumes/applications and submits to Hiring Manager, when appropriate, within 48 hours of receipt.
- Responds to candidate inquiries within 48 hours, including internal candidates interested in transferring to another department. Sends response card and/or email to all candidates.
- Coordinates recruitment efforts for VN to include advertising for open positions through the most economical and effective methods. Coordinates the use of temporary staff as needed.
Recruitment and Recordkeeping Process
- Schedules all interviews and confirms with Manager. Follows-up with manager on applicant status.
- Extends offer of employment including salary offers to candidate upon approval from department manager, schedules post-offer pre-employment drug screen and employee health screening and orientation.
- Administers appropriate tests and ensures all background checks and employment references have been completed prior to employment offer. Refers viable candidates to department for interview.
- Prepares and distributes employment job offer and acceptance letter and pre-employment packet prior to applicant's date of hire.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Analyze current workflow methods and recommends work simplification systems to streamline and expedite the recruitment process.
- Maintains applications and resumes in an organized recordkeeping system in accordance with Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures new employee records are completed prior to submission to HR Coordinator, to include, background check, references, completed I-9 information, E-Verify, signed job description and all other required new employee information.
- Develops and maintains an applicant response and tracking system. Ensures the applicant tracking system is current and job postings for the internal web and external website is maintained each week.
- Provides weekly summary reports on recruitment activities and vacancies by specialty.
- Prepares quarterly reports summarizing number of days to fill for vacant positions.
- Maintain days to fill to an average of 60 days or less.
Visiting Nurse Health System, Georgia’s largest nonprofit provider of healthcare and hospice at home, 64 year tradition of serving its mission of improving the lives of those we serve. Our vision is to set the standard for quality in Georgia and be the first place patients, families, payers and other healthcare providers select when in need of homecare or hospice services.
- Completes exit interviews and provides feedback to Director and VP HR as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Each year Visiting Nurse Health System provides professional clinical and care management services to more than 25,000 patients in metropolitan Atlanta.
Visiting Nurse Health System is an EOE.
Visiting Nurse Health System - 21 months ago
Visiting Nurse is the leading provider of home healthcare and hospice care in Atlanta, Georgia, helping patients successfully manage their...