I. GENERAL SUMMARY
To recruit the best qualified staff for eBay Inc. to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company goals and objectives.
II. SPECIFIC DUTIES
1. Recruits, interviews, and recommends the best qualified staff to provide excellent customer service and achieve established goals and objectives.
2. Generate candidate flow for all open requisitions utilizing the most effective and cost efficient methods available consisting of direct advertising, preparing job postings, updating Internet sites, and selecting employment agency usage.
3. Prepare, present, and negotiate job offers in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company standards to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
4. Ensures employees will be oriented and all employees are updated on the company and its standards, procedures, and compensation packages to increase employee satisfaction and employee retention.
5. Conducts training to educate supervisors and managers on interviewing techniques and provides information to ensure fair and consistent employment practices.
6. Maintains confidentiality of information to ensure integrity of Human Resources department
7. Develop and maintain professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
8. Act as liaison with area employment agencies, recording status of authorized positions within the corporation, employment verifications, and the employee referral program. Completion of weekly report on employment activity.
9. Schedule and attend job/career fairs with appropriate staff as a source to generate qualified applicants.
10. Provide information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants. Screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. Provide initial screening for manager to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements.
11. Develop and conduct training programs for managers designed to improve recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reduce turnover.
12. Research, analyze, prepare and present hiring statistics.
13. Correspond with job applicants to notify them of opportunities.
14. Meet with managers to discuss upcoming needs and develop multi-faceted recruitment program.
15. Check credentials and references, and schedule follow-up interviews with company supervisors.
16. Conduct internet searches for potential job applicants.
17. Make contacts within the local technical community and internet companies to establish recruiting connections
18. Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors’ degree in business administration, HR, or related field is or equivalent work experience required.
1. 2 + years of Recruiting experience
2. Customer communication experience (E-mail & Phone)
1. Proven experience with successful placement track record recruiting at exempt and non-exempt levels
2. Proven internet sourcing experience.
3. Experience with a recruiting applicant tracking system preferred, direct Brassring experience a plus
4. Experience in an internet company, call center or financial institution a plus
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
2. Knowledge of human resource practices and procedures
3. Knowledge of employment law.
4. Ability to work flexible hours.
5. Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
6. Ability to “sell” PayPal to potential employees.
7. Strong working knowledge of PC based Internet and software applications.
8. Skill in functioning various office equipment, such as personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, and multilane telephone.
9. Knowledge of external systems and software (The Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word Excel, Visio).
10. Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
11. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, while retaining all information.
12. Ability to communicate with applicants, co-workers, and business contacts in a civilized and professional manner.
13. Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
eBay - 20 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...