We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Recruiting Coordinator to join our team supporting all phases of the recruiting process within our growing San Francisco office.
This is a part-time role working up to 30 hours per week on a temporary basis. The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous recruiting experience working in a fast paced high-growth environment is a must.
Working closely with our recruiters and HR team the Recruiting Coordinator will perform various administrative tasks that support PLOS’s high-volume recruitment activity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Format job ads, post job openings on internal/external sites and remove ads once a position is filled.
- Responsible for application management, will parcel all incoming applications within the jobs inbox folder. May pre-screen (filter)/forward resumes to the appropriate recruiter.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse audience, exercising professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Schedule phone/on-site interviews, travel arrangements, create interview agendas and coordinate the distribution of all appropriate documents prior to interviews. When changes occur, will confirm interview dates and details with candidates via email and/or via phone.
- Will be the main point of contact for candidates coming in for on-site interviews (greet candidates and be able to react/correct interview transitions when changes arise). Collect required forms and facilitate the background screening process including obtaining candidate authorization.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience through effective communication, attention to detail and a high degree of customer service orientation.
- Send PLOS welcome to new employees once an offer has been accepted. Schedule the new employee’s first day orientation schedule with the Hiring Manager, Facilities and Human Resources.
- Contribute to the PLOS recruitment process improvements and assist with other HR tasks/projects as needed.
Apply now | Return to top
- College graduate preferred.
- 2-3 years of previous recruitment coordination experience in a fast-moving, high-volume recruiting environment required.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized; able to multi-task and change gears quickly and effectively. Capable at prioritizing candidate/recruitment related tasks and communications with minimal direction.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Word, Google, Adobe Acrobat. Previous experience with SharePoint and Word Press is desired.
- Professional demeanor, positive can-do attitude with effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 15 months ago