Business Unit: Business Resources, Ames IA
Reports To: Business Advisor:
Recruiting & Employee Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This position will assist our owners to attract, hire, and retain individuals who have the best qualifications and aptitudes to make a positive and significant impact on the success of their business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Supervisory Responsibilities : This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Promotes and markets recruitment and retention services to agriculture retail managers
- Facilitates each individual Owner’s recruitment processes and direct-hire specific needs by assisting with the development and customization of the Owner’s internship programs, graduate trainee programs , and direct placement.
- Develops job descriptions and promotional activities for open positions with the participating Owners.
- Aides Owners to develop and market employer branding positioning
- Develops relationships with hiring managers in order to determine their specific requirements to better source and identify the right talent for the Owner.
- Builds a talent pool by cold calling and sourcing candidates from companies engaged in similar businesses as the client, traditional and online postings, as well as networking with all related organizations and industry contacts.
- Maintains contact throughout the interview process with both the hiring manager and the candidate to ensure alignment between the parties.
- Administers and interprets assessment tools.
- Develops relationships with college professors and placement officers to promote United Suppliers ’ Owners group. Represents United Suppliers and select owners at career fairs and recruiting events.
- Facilitates exit interviews and summarizes results.
- As a representative of our Owners, develops middle and high school presentations to promote agriculture retail career opportunities.
- Creates and facilitates onsite training programs designed to assist managers and employees in reaching their potential.
- Researches and develops additional potential services to complement our recruitment and retention strategies.
Competencies and Characteristics - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confident, enthusiastic, and possesses the ability to influence and stimulate others to action.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Aligns work with organization’s strategic goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve them.
- Innovative and has the ability to creatively and collaboratively solve problems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and works ethically and with integrity.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Management, Sales/Marketing Human resources or Communications. At least 5 years of successful experience in a staffing agency, recruiting or human resources. Previous experience with agricultural retail-related businesses preferred.
Language Skills - Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts of basic math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of computers and software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, at a desk or driving; use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and maneuver throughout an office building, and travel by automobile for extensive periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work and driving.
- Evening hours may be required to attend career fairs and could include overnight stays; 40% travel may be required.
United Suppliers, founded in 1963, is a wholesale organization based in the rural community of Eldora, Iowa. We are owned by agricultural...