The recruiting and Advising Specialist will perform the role of recruiting and providing advice and assistance to program participants through the entire process of either becoming a highly qualified teacher or transferring their credentials to the Lewis and Clark Region.
1. Serve as an advisor and case manager for Troops to Teachers candidates who elect to pursue teaching credentials within the Lewis and Clark region.
2. Serve as a region specialist for client management and advising activities.
3. Identifies and plays an active role in the development and implementation of best practices to ensure continuous improvement of internal client management processes and client services.
4. Researches and develops a working knowledge of teacher certification requirements, teacher preparation programs, and school district hiring practices within the region.
5. Coordinates with region staff, state representatives, and national and other TTT offices to insure clients are properly managed and advised.
6. Develops practices and relationships which facilitate the placement of TTT clients in public and charter schools.
7. Recruits clients for teaching positions within the LCTTT region.
8. Analyzes and interprets congressional, Department of Defense, and national Troops to Teachers policies for client eligibility, registration, and placement.
Bachelor’s degree in some area of Pre K-12 education.
Demonstrated general knowledge of the education career track from baccalaureate degree to teaching certification.
Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with and communicate with individuals, small and large groups of people.
Experience in successfully managing and documenting large scale complex processes from conception to completion.
Experience teaching in a K-12 classroom teaching environment.
Experience in recruiting or career counseling.
Experience working with colleges/universities teacher training programs.
Military background or extensive experience working directly with military personnel.
Possess excellent human relation skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others, demonstrate evidence of good judgment, flexibility and innovativeness to respond to the changing needs of the clientele, and ability to communicate effectively verbally to individuals or groups, and in writing. The successful candidate will have a familiarity with the military and with advising educator candidates, be able to perform detailed work with accuracy, work with minimal supervision, and have strong leadership and organizational skills. This candidate will be will be adept at using technology to administer a geographically dispersed program, to include office equipment, computers, scanners, and software.
Screening of applications will begin Monday May 20, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, submit (1) a letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications listed above; (2) a resume, and (3) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Electronic submittals will be accepted. Submit materials to:
- Recruiting & Advising Specialist Search Coordinator
College of EHHD
- PO Box 172940
- c/o Brady Hunemuller
- Montana State University
- Bozeman, MT 59717-2940
- 406-994 1854 (fax)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montana State University - 16 months ago
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...