The Commercial Appeal is seeking a talented and driven sales professional to help employers across the mid-south maximize their recruiting efforts. This special outside sales opportunity is for the candidate who has a keen understanding of media advertising with a focus on recruitment advertising sales including both print and digital platforms. As a Recruitment Account Executive with The Commercial Appeal you will have the opportunity to put your sales experience to good use selling one of the largest employment websites in the world - Monster.com. This is a highly independent role requiring both strategic sales planning skills and the ability to execute.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education required
- Offers customer trials according to programs, and conducts on-line demonstrations to prove Monster/Recruitment advantages
- Demonstrate the value proposition of all the Monster products. Use this knowledge, combined with the customer's needs to upsell and offer effective solutions.
- Ensure a superior customer experience with Monster by addressing customer concerns and demonstrating empathy where needed
- Efficiently and effectively address the customer business need, offer appropriate value proposition solutions, negotiate price and close accounts
- Consistently demonstrate persistence and tenacity to overcome obstacles and to move the customer or prospect towards commitment using key selling points and features, benefits, and tools such as online demonstrations to close sales and exceed customer expectations
- Maintain a database of customers through documentation by recording activity and statistics; uphold standards for the minimum number of calls
- Keep abreast of current knowledge of market activities to include: competitive products, pricing and policies, new technology, product specifications and possible new products; update management accordingly
- Be strategic minded toward organizational mission and goals
- Continuously evolve personal development to improve personal efficiency and effectiveness
- Must work well with others and partner with Inside Sales to penetrate large accounts
About The Commercial Appeal
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years B2B sales
- Understanding of franchise businesses and programs to drive increase in sales
- Strong influencing, communications and teaming capabilities to drive sales
- Drives success utilizing strong solution selling capabilities and product knowledge
- Ability to negotiate and sell on value and has effective time management and systems capabilities to drive activities generating in sales.
- Familiar with working in an incentive/goal driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to upsell and increase account spending over time.
- Strong customer service with a passion to exceed customer requirements.
- High energy, drive, and sense of responsibility
In 1841, when Memphis was only 20 years old, Col. Henry Van Pelt produced the first edition of The Appeal in the wooden shack where he lived. Printing it weekly on single sheets of paper, Van Pelt began an institution that 167 years later is the major voice of the Mid-south.
During the Civil War, the pro-Confederate paper chose to print its pages in exile rather than endure silently the Union occupation of Memphis. The paper moved first to Mississippi and then to Alabama and Georgia before Yankee soldiers destroyed its equipment. Within six months, Editor Benjamin Dill had returned to Memphis and started The Appeal again.
The Yellow Fever epidemic of 1878 devastated Memphis and reduced the Appeal's staff to two, but the newspaper continued to publish, earning the nickname "Old Reliable" from its grateful public. In 1923, The Commercial Appeal won its first Pulitzer Prize for efforts against the resurgence of the Klu Klux Klan. The newspaper received its second Pulitzer in 1994, this time for editorial cartooning by Michael Ramirez.
With the advent of the Internet, The Commercial Appeal launched commercialappeal.com as its news and information website, and host of specialized coverage including the University of Memphis sports, Whining and Dining, the State of Q (Memphis-style barbecue), Faith in Memphis and Going Green. The website is the most popular local news site in the Memphis market.
E. W. Scripps Company - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -