Responsible for coordinating the full recruitment cycle (from requisition to hiring) for all exempt and non-exempt level recruitment. Duties include coordinating all aspects of recruitment, selection and placement processes, including candidate communication, online recruiting media, development of advertising and maintenance of City job posting site. Responsible for tracking recruiting metrics such as cycle time and sourcing.
Knowledge of: (position requirements at entry)
- Coordinates the full recruitment cycle including; posting vacancies on internal and external job posting boards, screening, maintaining interview schedule, developing ads and screening questions, and conducting phone screens and in person interviews.
- Advises Hiring Managers on recruitment processes
- Maintains necessary files covering applications, interviews, and testing procedures.
- Assists hiring managers with interviewing tools and techniques
- Creates and updates requisition templates in HRIS
- Assists hiring mangers with creating requisitions and works along with Human Resources Service Partner (HRSP) and hiring manager to develop interview questions and evaluation categories.
- Responsible for recruitment advertising, creating position ads and posts on internal and external sites.
- Assists hiring managers with interviewing tools and techniques.
- Coordinates interview dates, sets up and conducts phone/in person interviews.
- Assists interview panels with interview evaluation process.
- Creates and distributes employment-related correspondence; e.g., pre-employment/hiring forms, offer letters, and interview regret letters.
- Initiates background investigations, authorizes/approves drug screening and pre-employment physicals, credit checks, education verifications and driving records, as needed.
- Communicates internal/external requisition status to the Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations & HRSPs.
- Processes new hire temporary and regular staff from applicant tracking to HRIS.
- Oversees new hire on-boarding process, making sure all paperwork and necessary documents are in place.
- Supervises the Seasonal Recruitment Coordinator.
- Maintains accurate records in Human Resources and Information System (HRMS/IS) as they relate to Recruiting.
- Maintains the integrity of the recruitment process and implementation of recruitment process improvements for the City of Ann Arbor.
- Analyze recruitment process performance and recommend and implement changes to the process.
Training and Experience
- City policies and procedures
- Computers and software applications used in business settings (e.g., MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- General principles of union regulations, contract administration, labor and HR laws
- Basic statistical analyses
- Recruitment and hiring processes
- Outstanding customer service principles and recruiting best practices
- Human Resources Management and Information Systems and related software
- Standard office practices and procedures, including the operation of standard office equipment
Skills and Ability to: (position requirements at entry)
- Organize and schedule work effectively while working under limited supervision
- Coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines in a timely and accurate manner
- Problem solve and demonstrate decision making and analytical capabilities
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and team skills and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and interface with all levels of employees and external candidates
- Maintain diplomacy, utilize sound judgment and common sense
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Analyze and solve problems
- Take initiative and be self-starter
- Use modern office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, multi-line telephone, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred
- Recruitment (full cycle recruiting) experience – at least 2-3 years
- Experience with applicant tracking, recruitment metrics, interview and selection, sourcing/job board management, and job fair/career events preferred.
City of Ann Arbor - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard