* This position will require time worked outside normal hours and/or days .
* Recruit, hire, train and supervises entry level staff and assists with the supervision of student paraprofessional staff.
* Implements recruitment strategies as outlined in the admissions plan in the assigned territory that may include high school and/or community college visits, college fairs, area receptions, and events.
* Initiates, plans and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the office.
* Works with students, parents, and alumni organizations in the recruitment of students.
* Provides presentations to visitors at on-campus and off-campus events.
* Advises prospective students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, provide financial aid and scholarship information, as well as various student support services on campus.
* Provides follow-up to, students and parents via scheduled appointments, phone, letters, e-mail and other communication methods.
* Manages assigned territories by staying abreast of current events and issues that may impact that territory.
* Serve as the primary liaison within assigned territories.
* Serves as a member of the Recruitment Team coordinating recruitment territories to assist in achieving university enrollment goals.
* May serve as a representative of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation for on-campus and off-campus organizations and constituents.
* Assists the Associate Director leading the recruitment team in monitoring recruitment strategies.
* Completes routine reports related to recruitment, enrollment projections, personal schedule, travel and special projects.
* Participates in training programs and professional development workshops and conferences.
* Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses, for programs/events.
* Assists the data management and evaluation teams as needed in verifying documents and file evaluation.
* Assists with the execution of Orientation, campus visit days, group tours, daily campus visits, and off campus recruitment events.
* Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree AND three years of related professional experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree preferred.
* Master's Degree in student personal, education, business or related field.
* Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
* Supervisory skills and training experience.
* Skill in coordinating projects, evaluating data and establishing priorities.
* Skill in effective communication and public presentations.
* Ability to represent the office and the university in a professional manner.
* Ability to travel both in and out of state, drive for extended distances and work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to work with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy cultural climate in Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
* Demonstrated capacity to adapt to change.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of higher education issues.
* Experience with student recruitment and/or retention issues. .
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point.
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Business Objects and/or any student information system or data system.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$40,000 - $42,000 DOE
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll
Open until filled.
Northern Arizona University - 19 months ago