The role of the Recruitment Coordinator is to ensure that the School of Continuing Studies' professional graduate programs are a good fit for prospective students and subsequently admitted students matriculate. The Recruitment Coordinator will mine leads toward enrollment conversion; escalate fit prospects through the enrollment funnel (suspect-prospect-student); manage strong relationships with prospects; work to meet articulated lead-to-enrollment conversion rates toward achieving enrollment goals in a performance-driven and results-oriented professional environment.
Candidate should be able to sit and speak on the phone 85% of the time. Occasional evening and weekend hours are expected.
Coordination, Reporting and Planning
- Communicate with prospective students via a high volume of outbound and inbound calls and emails regarding professional graduate academic programs;
- Record interaction with prospective and current students in a timely, accurate and thorough manner in the school's constituent relationship management (CRM) system;
- Generate student enrollments by advising prospective students in a timely, accurate and thorough manner in the school's constituent relationship management (CRM) system;
- Generate student enrollments by advising prospective students on how academic program offerings can meet their educational and career goals;
- Advise students on financial aid process and options toward financing professional graduate academic programs;
- Segment prospect pool into fit categories, using a pre-defined lead-to-prospect quality index;
- Assist qualified prospects with application for admission;
- Provide and actively participate in daily quick status updates;
- Meet weekly, monthly and quarterly activity goals. This includes calls and appointments (scheduled and conducted);
- Maintain the highest level of program-specific knowledge;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the School of Continuing Studies' Admissions, Students Services, Distance Education, Registration and Marketing teams to provide excellent customer service and support prospects and students at the highest level;
- Provide regular and ad-hoc summary and detailed admissions advising reports to Assistant Director of Recruitment and Marketing;
- Assist with metric development to inform enrollment plans and strategies;
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree, or working toward the completion of an undergraduate degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 2 years of work experience;
- Previous experience working in continuing education, for-profit education, distance education, telemarketing, selective admissions/recruitment, education marketing or alumni/development affairs;
- Ability to easily develop contacts and strong working relationships with students and staff.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 3-5 years of work experience in higher education;
- Previous work experience in professional graduate programs;
- Previous experience working with adult learners.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Date Posted: 1/30/2013
Northwestern University - 14 months ago
What's NU? With its main campus in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, Northwestern University (NU) serves its 16,500 students...