Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Weeks Per Year
Summary of Work Schedule - Academic
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Academic
Summary of Work Schedule - Summer
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week - Summer
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Recruitment Specialist at Moraine Park Techincal College, Fond du Lac campus. This position provides the outreach, recruitment, enrollment and initial retention of students through direct contact and assistance from application to registration. This position works two days per week in Fond du Lac and two days in Beaver Dam. Travel and irregular hours to include evenings and weekends are required.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Plan and carry out outreach and marketing activities for the adult and secondary school markets. Develop related promotional materials.
2. Coordinate and conduct on- and off-campus student recruitment and community outreach activities, such as: Preview Days, awareness tours, Discover Moraine Park, high school administrator breakfasts, counselor appreciation and TechKnowledge College. Collaborate with Academics and business and industry to cultivate college enrollment for incumbent employees. Serve as a representative for Rapid Response session with Workforce Development.
3. Establish and maintain a comprehensive communication plan through Customer Relations Management ( CRM ) or similar database technologies. Utilize student tracking information to identify and perform recruitment activities and enrollment services.
4. Maintain contact with the inquiry/prospect pool, assisting each individual from application to registration. Qualify leads, track event conversions and maintain overall conversion goals. Follow up with prospects from point of contact to application and registration, in collaboration with admissions/advising.
5. Assist in administering and reviewing student pre-college assessments including Accuplacer and Career Coaching.
6. Provide assistance to the public and prospective students to facilitate successful entry and enrollment in MPTC programs, courses and services. Represent Moraine Park’s seamless education opportunities at recruitment events.
7. Foster linkages with other teams in the College for improved services, communication and the delivery of recruitment and retention activities. Act as a representative to internal/external teams and advisory groups that share services or interests with Enrollment Services.
8. Support the enrollment-conversion objectives of the work team by specializing in the internal recruitment of customers and non-program-coded students into dedicated programs of study. Assist prospective students with career coaching.
9. Provide general information and personalized assistance to the public related to instructional offerings and support services at M.P.T.C.
10. Assist with Career Prep initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
2. Three years of related occupational experience. Experience in a post-secondary educational setting preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Familiarity with educational settings, general public relations and the mission of technical colleges.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying them in a promotional setting. Experience promoting a product or service preferred.
6. Experience in sales and marketing.
7. Demonstrated ability to conduct dynamic presentations and interact effectively with diverse populations.
8. Demonstrated ability to make presentations to large audiences.
9. Demonstrated ability to display a positive, customer focus with students and groups and to work effectively in teams and form positive working relationships with staff.
10. Thorough knowledge of common database operations and educational software applications, and presentation technologies.
11. Ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively.
12. Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
13. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty, support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College offers a Water Quality Technician associate degree. Waterqualitydegree.com is dedicated to online learning...