Please complete the following questions about the available position.
Level A (General)
Collect and sort commingled recyclables from College buildings.
Manage time schedule to ensure priority stops are made.
Assist in operations at
Bale materials including cardboard, paper, plastic, tin.
Assist with glass crushing.
Clean areas as necessary.
Replace and set up new recycling stations as necessary.
Create displays to promote recycling.
Staff special events such as picnics, presentations, and awareness activities.
Many students are needed to work at the recycling center. Hours are available Monday – Friday 7:30-4 and for special events. Shifts are self scheduled and flexible.
Middlebury Main Campus
Is this an academic year or summer position?
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position does not require an interview. Students are hired in the order in which they apply and then follow through on the following:
- Get a blue card from Student Employment. Check the
website for required documents.
- Schedule your first shift by calling or emailing John Gosselin at 443-5471 or 443-3087 or email@example.com.
- Work your first shift, determine if working as a Recycler is the job you want.
- If you want to continue working as a Recycler, sign up for additional shifts.
- If you do not want to continue working as a Recycler, please take what you have learned at the Recycling Center and help us advocate for proper sorting in the buildings and encourage other students to come to the Recycling Center for the experience.
-In either case, once you arrive at the Recycling Center, you will need to complete an authorization form, write your hours on the student time log, and enter your hours in banner web so that you can be paid.
Once enough students are scheduled/hired to fill the hours needed, students can ask to be put on a waiting list. As hours become available, the Recycling Center staff will contact you to see if you are still interested. (This is not a guarantee for employment.)
Please note that students who have never worked as a Recycler and who do not receive Financial Aid will not be hired or allowed to schedule shifts until 9/29/12. At this time, new Recyclers not receiving financial aid will be hired into any remaining shifts following the same process outlined above.
Other important information:
-The Recycling Center is located at 809 College Street which is on Rt 125 – west of the Mods.
-You can expect to get dirty, wearing your best clothes is not recommended. We offer approns, gloves, safety glasses and any other safety equipment needed to perform any assigned task.
-Students must wear closed toed shoes; any student arriving to work without proper footwear will not be allowed to work.
Quicklink for Posting