Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the United States. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 31 states.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager for our Sierra Recycling Center in Albany, NY. In this position you will oversee approximately 100+ employees. To be considered for this position you must have at least
5 years of supervisory experience at a MRF or Recycling Center (no exceptions). Prior experience as an equipment operator at a MRF or Recycling Center a plus. In this position you will be hands on with the day to day management of the facility. You will be in charge or hiring, training, supervising, and ensuring the safety of our equipment operators and material handlers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General management responsibilities including oversight of sales/marketing, maintenance and operations
- Ensures smooth operation of site, including: administration, sorting, loading.
- Minimizes handling and operational costs.
- Continually works to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of site.
- Regularly proposes means of operational improvement.
- Encourages safe and efficient operations including conducting regular safety meetings.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with supervisors/employees.
- Oversees personnel needs including selecting, coaching, and training supervisors and employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...