Team members are responsible for installation of new Red Hat servers in VMware environment. Administering the systems, clones and clients created as a part of the vCenter. Maintenance activities and cycling processes after maintenance associated with DISA requirements for a DOD data center. Candidate must have knowledge of standard Linux tools and ability to transform AIX scripts to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Installation of new code including switching processing and cycling processes
- Following DISA standards for change control
- Documenting new processes and support functions to share with other team members
- Minimum 2+ years of data center operations/technical experience in a Linux environment
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with UNIX operating systems, shell scripting and/or Perl, SQL query skills
- Minimum 2+ years of SSL, XML and TCP/IP networking
- Mastery of the English language with strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Problem solver with attention to detail and strong time management skills is required.
- Networking knowledge and experience (TCP/IP, FTP, IP Tables, Firewalls, SCP, SSH)
- Experience with web-server configuration (apache tomcat)
- Virtual Machine design and support
- Proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical customers
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members and across functions
Information Gateways - 9 months ago