We are a leading financial software development and services company for the utility industry, looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Technical Services team.
The Systems Administrator will have responsibility for:
- Serving as primary customer contact for incoming technical services issues
- Responding to telephone, email, and fax requests for technical support.
- Monitoring and following up with customers on open issues.
- Appropriately escalating customer issues
- Serving as primary contact for after-hours support coverage on a rotating basis.
- Builds, maintains, and deploys virtual machines using VMware
- Distribute company provided software updates, OS, and third party software applications by building OS images, performing kick-start installations, or creating in-house shell or RPM packages
- Ability to travel to customer sites installations, upgrades, product demonstrations and training as required (15% to 20%)
- Customer Service Skills to ensure that customer interactions are professional and demonstrate the highest possible level of service.
- Previous experience in customer phone support in a technical environment
- Motivated, works well with others, requires little supervision
- Ability to forecast requirements for company and projects, and deploy these changes proactively.
- This position requires on-call support duties on weekday evenings and Saturdays.
Skilled in use of common Linux/UNIX scripting languages, including but not limited to bash, dos batch, and building of RPM packages Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Previous Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or HP-UX / Unix shell scripting (work place experience only).
- Knowledge and experience with SQL query language, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Developer.
- Oracle flashback recovery.
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
Also a plus if you have any Certifications – Preferred not required.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- HP-UX Certified System Administrator (HPCSA)
- Dell Hardware Diagnostic Support Engineer (DSET)
*THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
Southeastern Data Cooperative SEDC - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -