Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
This position will be focused on providing the ongoing analysis, research and reporting of individual, market, regional and departmental performance results as well as the development of monthly and quarterly field operation and machine support status overviews in the U.S. and Canada. This position will p rovide to Regional Operations Supervisors, Regional Managers, Operations Directors, the Director of Machine Support, the VP of Operations, the VP of Inventory and Logistics, and the Canadian Country Manager the on-going condition of business metrics to help ensure that the Operations team is tracking towards achieving its overall objectives. This position will develop robust post-activity analysis to help ensure the business is continuously learning and improving from its past experience. This position will also handle additional ad-hoc projects and analyses in support of Redbox business objectives .
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Determine and provide key performance measurements, support business decisions in the field, and identify root causes and collaborate with field operations, machine support, inventory and logistics, and strategy and analytics leadership to determine actions and mitigation steps for the U.S. and Canada.
- Drive the research and analysis in support of critical business initiatives and e ducate the field operations, machine support, inventory and logistics, and strategy and analytics leadership team and internal partners on the impact that various programs and activities have on performance, profitability, and unit cost.
- Liaise with IT, finance and strategy organizations to develop meaningful and relevant reporting and dashboards to drive market level profitability for the U.S. and Canada.
- Assist in the completion of annual budgeting and monthly forecasting.
- Provide analysis and support for Continuous Improvement projects to drive improvements in internal processes that will result in increased customer satisfaction and reduced operating cost for the company.
- Perform ad hoc performance analysis as required.
- P erform other duties as assigned to balance department workload and backup.
Education and Experience:
- A passion for interacting in a positive and creative manner with customers, team members and developing partners.
- Extreme attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrates strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to interpret and act on a variety of information and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Broad operations knowledge and organizational awareness as well as an understanding of business profitability drivers.
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills and the capability to drive accurate and timely analysis is required .
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be comfortable operating within a dynamic and complex organizational structure, and be effective in a team-oriented environment.
- Needs to be technologically savvy in order to drive effective means of reporting critical business information.
- Strong work ethic and results orientation required for fast paced, customer-focused environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Has the ability to remain composed under high-pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to address and diplomatically resolve inter-personal conflict.
- Has a solid and unwavering belief in good ethics and honesty.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- A minimum of two to four years in Business functional and financial data analysis/planning/reporting with an emphasis on Operations required.
- High level proficiency in Excel (Advanced) and other Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in Access database development.
- Experience with Tableau, SAP Inventory, Financials and reporting tools a plus.
Redbox - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...