Reference Librarian, Headquarters and Chemical Libraries
ASRC Primus Solutions, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is currently seeking a Reference Librarian for the EPA Headquarters and Chemical Libraries in Washington, DC.
ASRC Primus holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. ASRC librarians, records managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials; safeguard Confidential Business Information (CBI); maintain Superfund Records Centers; manage the EPA Docket Center operations, provide National Records and Content Management Branch Support, assist EPA and external customers with document delivery/ILL, reference and research services, etc.
The Headquarters and Chemical Libraries Reference Librarian at the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency supports the reference and research needs of EPA staffers and the public for information on a wide range of subjects, including environmental sciences, technology, business and industry, law, medicine, public policy, and environmental justice. The Reference Librarian will join a team of dedicated librarians and information professionals who use cutting edge information tools and resources to provide library and information services to EPA. The Headquarters and Chemical Libraries are a core facility within the EPA National Library Network.
- 2 plus years experience providing professional librarian services in the field of chemistry or allied fields such as toxicology, medical science, environmental science, biology, etc.
- Strong background working with chemical and toxicological reference materials and electronic resources.
- Solid written and oral communications skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and office applications.
- Proficiency with internet searching and research.
- Experience in preparing analytic reports and statistics as well as the use of applications such as Excel, and development of logical expressions and database queries.
ASRC Federal Holding Company and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status in order to pass a government sponsored background investigation.
- Masters degree in Library Science
Washington, DC, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift
ASRC Federal Holding Company - 8 months ago