Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Libraries:
- provides reference and research services to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- participates in library instruction.
- serves as liaison with faculty in one or more divisions to help develop library collections.
- leads the Library's outreach, programming and marketing activities.
- liaises with the Distance Learning (DL) department, creates library content within the online teaching platform Blackboard, as well as manages the Library's Blackboard presence.
- serves on departmental and college committees.
- is familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations in the context of libraries.
- may oversee operations and supervise staff in reference and circulation in the absence of the Director.
- may coordinate library instruction and oversee reference services.
- fulfills other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year directly related experience.
- Experience handling non-routine inquiries or complaints.
- Experience relating to and interacting with non-traditional, diverse employee and student population.
- Experience in library instruction and reference services.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a diverse employee/client population.
To ensure compliance with federal and college requirements, some mandatory training must be completed for this position.
- Working knowledge of automated library systems
- Ability to teach and use basic and advanced search techniques locating information both in electronic and print formats.
- Experience providing bibliographic instruction to students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot computers, printers, copy machines and other library equipment.
- Experience delivering services to DL students including experience using Blackboard for instruction delivery.
- Knowledge of the ADA regulations in the context of libraries.
- Experience with outreach, programming and marketing of library services to stakeholders.
- Experience working in a community college library.
- Supervisory experience.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours/week
Closing date at 5:00 pm:
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered applicants must submit all of the following documents: a) completed CNM employment application; b) résumé or curriculum vita; c) letter of interest detailing how applicant meets requirements, preferences, and if applicable a list of coursework directly related to requirements; d) copies of transcripts; e) required certifications/licensures if applicable. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
If transcripts and certifications are currently available please upload them electronically to your application now. This is the preferred method and will speed the hiring process. If transcripts and certifications are unavailable for upload at this time, they need to be added to the application packet prior to the posting closing date. Applicants will not be considered if application packets are incomplete. Selected candidates for hire are required to submit "official transcripts" as a condition of employment. If you have questions please contact the HR department at 505-224-4600.
Note One: Successful applicants must provide proof of all credential as a condition of employment.
Note Two: The degree must be from an accredited institution and on the transcript should match the credentials listed on the employment application and resume. For a transcript to be considered valid it must list the following as a minimum: a) the name of the transcript holder; b) name of the school attended; c) degree conferred; d) date the degree was conferred; e) if applicable, required coursework as listed in the minimum requirements.
Note Three: If selected for an interview professional references will be required. Applicants must provide the names and contact information for at least three (names, organizations, business phone numbers, and titles). CNM requires at least one reference be from a recent supervisor.
Note Four: Degrees from foreign institutions must be accompanied by a transcript evaluation and a transcript translation.
Quicklink for Posting:
Central New Mexico Community College - 13 months ago
University of New Mexico
University of New Mexico
- 30+ days ago