GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The library at Springfield Technical Community College strongly supports student learning and student success. The college has committed to information literacy in its strategic plans. In FY 2012, the library’s information literacy program served approximately 3000 students in 277 face-to-face instruction sessions. In a typical week, over 2000 students enter the library’s doors.
We are seeking a collegial, flexible and dynamic individual who will bring humor, patience and passion for serving our diverse community. Excellent teaching skills, strong proficiency with technology and social media applications and creative approaches to problem solving are a must.
The library’s mission is to acquire, organize, provide access to and maintain a wide range of materials and provide access to information regardless of format or location. In a warm and supportive atmosphere library users are encouraged to learn how to locate and use information resources for academic needs and personal interests.
• Provide excellent public service at the reference desk.
• Support the library’s technology activities.
• Participate and innovate in our library instruction program.
• Oversee the library’s web page.
• Cooperate on information literacy initiatives.
• Prepare subject guides and instructional materials.
• Serve as liaison between the library and the campus’ Information Technology department staff.
• Connect the library to faculty and departments.
• Collaborate with faculty to design assignments and activities.
• Participate in collection development.
• Play a leading role in the library’s social media activities.
• Support the library’s mission and vision by providing a strong service ethic.
• Serve on library, campus, and consortial committees.
• Manage and coordinate electronic resources.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with the MTA/MCCC agreement.
• A master’s degree in library science ALA accredited.
• Two or more years of related experience.
• Web page design knowledge.
• Excellent teaching skills.
• Experience with current and emerging library technologies, including social networking, and the ability to apply them to library practices including reference and information literacy instruction.
• Familiarity with computer hardware and software.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrable research efficiency.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• A philosophy of collegiality.
• A track record of successful and timely project completion.
SALARY: Grade 5, $50,785 - $73,639. Tenure track position with benefits. 37.5 hours a week.
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2013 or until position is filled.
Springfield Technical Community College - 30+ days ago
STCC alumni are the pillars of the community in western Massachusetts . We are the local business owners, teachers, executive managers, heal...