1. Responsible for assisting with station phones and voicemail, and accurately and completely recording / relaying messages in a timely manner to patients and appropriate health care personnel.
2. Processes referrals and schedules tests and procedures for patients per provider orders utilizing appropriate facilities for optimum continuity of care and benefit to the patient.
3. Track patient referrals to and from specialty care to ensure continuity of care and optimized patient health and wellness.
4. Completes patient data entry into EMR , as required.
5. Partners with Lead Referral Coordinator and Manager to optimize referral care delivery and drive continuous improvement through utilization of department performance metrics aligned with organization’s strategic goals.
6. Responsible for obtaining prior authorization for patient tests, procedures, pharmaceuticals etc.
7. Supports nursing and providers in obtaining test results and assuring result placement in the patient’s EMR .
8. Documents appointments and attempts to contact patients.
9. Effectively prioritizes and manages time sensitive referrals.
10. Manages multiple responsibilities, tasks and multiple referrals.
11. Communication around pending referrals and status updates to medical staff and patients.
12. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, conducive to employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
13. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so that swift corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
1. Minimum AA Degree in healthcare related field preferred.
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Hmong) strongly preferred.
3. Minimum one year prior health care experience in similar setting.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Computer keyboard experience.
6. MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Intranet navigation skills.
7. Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
8. Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
9. High level of ethics in maintaining patient confidentiality.
10. Flexibility, strong time management skills, and multitasking abilities required.
Name: Human Resources
Email: No emails please.
Phone: No phone calls please.
West Side Community Health Services - 12 months ago