Completes referrals on a first-in first-out basis, assists patients in scheduling appointments with specialists, requests notes from specialists following patient appointments, and communicates to clinic staff referral status. Provides excellent patient centered communication and education regarding referral processes.
- Accurately completes referrals to include ICD-9 and CPT codes on a first-in 'first-out basis.
- Answers, screens and directs phone calls to appropriate department.
- Assists patients with practical arrangements such as scheduling appointments with specialists, transportation, and translation needs.
- Attends Referral Specialist mandatory monthly meeting.
- Communicates to clinic staff status of pending referrals using CMIS updates and chart notes.
- Follows up on abnormal test results and/or ill box as assigned by Clinic Director.
- Maintains a filing system as designated by FHCSD and ensures accurate record 'keeping including using CMIS for referral tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Clinic Director, Manager of Referral Services 'and/or Provider.
- Requests specialists’ notes to include in chart for patient follow-up.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Medical Terminology Course required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred, may be required in some positions.
- One to two years experience in ambulatory care setting or similar setting is highly desirable.
- Computer literacy required.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 10 months ago