Responsible for call processing related to the scheduling of health related services and dissemination of health information promoted through the UCMC Healthlink call center. The intermediate referral counselor is expected to devote 90% of his/her time to processing inbound and outbound telephone calls.
High School degree or equivalent required.
referral oriented database software preferred. Ability to type at least 50 words per minute required.
- Three to Five years in a physician referral program preferred or equivalent experience.
- Basic working knowledge of the Medical Center, its clinics and Weiss Hospital.
- Comfort with Windows based computer applications required. Experience with market standard physician
listening skills and telephone etiquette. Works cooperatively with others.
- Broad knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal skills required. Communicates well and utilizes excellent
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple duties in an often-fast paced environment.
University of Chicago Medicine - 2 years ago