A Refinish Technician is a skilled artisan with a complete understanding of all phases of automotive refinishing and a high skill level in the application of top coats. The Refinish Technician is responsible for completing all refinish repairs as listed on the RO, requiring a minimum of supervision. This person is expected to perform repairs accurately and rarely commit an error in either his work or his judgment. Rework from this person is not acceptable. He/She must possess a high level of sound judgment and be able to consistently make the best decisions under the given circumstances. The Refinish Technician must provide a complete set of hand tools, a few basic air tools, and a mobile tool cabinet.
1. Disassemble and assemble miscellaneous trim and hardware including chrome, bumpers, and accessories
2. Sand, mask, clean, and prime vehicles prior to painting
3. Mix paint in a manner which matches the existing finish
4. Paint and clear coat in a manner in which the repaired areas are restored to the original manufacturer’s specifications
5. Ensure all repair areas are free of deficiencies such as paint/clear runs, “orange peel”, etc.
6. Work independently and with others with a minimum of supervision
Complete understanding of all facets of automotive refinishing and a medium to high skill level of the application of top coats. The ability to read and follow instructions precisely and to work independently as well as with others in an organized manner is essential. I-CAR Gold Class and ASE certification is necessary.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact email@example.com
Twisted metal is music to the ears at True2Form Collision Repair Centers. The company specializes in bodywork and paint jobs on cars...