Waste Connections Inc. is looking for drivers to service our residential customers in and around North Platte, NE using either Rear-load trash trucks or Side-load trash trucks. The position will be responsible for driving the truck as well as the loading of the residential trash into the truck.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to sear customers courteously
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Have 2-3 years of driving experience
- Be able to follow safe operator procedures
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre and post trip inspections
- Possess a clean safety and driving record
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to pass a DOT Physical and drug and alcohol screening.
- Possess a valid Class B CDL license.
- Two years truck driving experience preferred
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V. )
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...