Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This position will be responsible for the Regional business operations and implementation of I&I Division strategies and initiatives.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a day-to-day lead and point person for the Regional Director (RD).
- Develop and maintain highly productive working partnerships, as a value-added consultant, with field teams to enable success by providing insightful analytic recommendations.
- Identify and remove operational barriers that stand in the way of sales force effectiveness.
- Analyze sales and market trends to customize sales strategy and maximize team effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to assure effective teamwork and transparency between field sales and marketing functions.
- Lead and coach field sales in the absence of District Manager (DM) and RD.
- Partner with Salesforce Ops to quantify insights from field and recommend actions to bolster the business and identify market access opportunities.
- Work as key liaison with marketing team to ensure proper communication of new initiatives.
- Leads coordination of Managed Care Pull-Through Programs.
- Partner with the RD in developing and updating Regional Business Plans.
- Analyze District and Territory performance against Corporate and Region metrics.
- Work with Sales Operations to create reports and dashboards to motivate the sales team and provided necessary information on key performance indicators.
- Allocate regional resources across Districts and Territories.
- Manage Regional speaker programs to ensure compliance.
- Manage Regional budgets.
- Interface with field sales and marketing to review, analyze, and evaluate sales promotional efforts.
- Responsible for complying with all federal (PDMA/OIG) and, state regulations and Celgene’s Policies relative to prescription drug sampling.
- Follows all sampling procedures as detailed within Celgene’s Sample Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for overseeing the district’s sales representative’s adherence to all federal and state regulations and Celgene’s Policies and Procedures relative to prescription drug sampling.
- Responsible for taking appropriate corrective action when observing and/or reviewing sales and sampling practices that are not accordance with Celgene’s expectations.
- Must have strong analytical and field insight skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written which are customer focused and provide clear direction.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to address many different audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Model highest level of professional behavior and ethics.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene’s support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Req ID: 14000141
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years pharmaceutical sales management experience required.
- Ability to travel overnight for business approximately 25% required.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Warren
Job: Marketing and Sales Excellence
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2014-01-23 00:00:00.0
Celgene - 11 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.