To provide HSE support, assistance, guidance and training to regional United Vision Logistics locations and terminals; support and assist the VP-HSE, Regional Operations Teams, and other regional safety personnel; perform independent monitoring of operational HSE performance. Performance measures included are: overall success of UVL HSE programs/systems; achievement of HSE performance improvement targets; maintenance of compliance requirements; and service satisfaction with our customer base.
Roles & Responsibilities:Primary duties include but not limited to the following:
- Provide advice & guidance to operational management and staff on all HSE related matters including the training of those groups on various internal, regulatory and customer HSE requirements.
- Assist each region location/terminal in developing plans and implementing strategies to address specific business and customer needs as it relates to HSE
- Ensure compliance with transportation regulatory and recordkeeping obligations
- Assist in managing audits and compliance reviews when conducted by government agencies and customers
- Develop strategies for monitoring and improving driving behaviors, including behavior based observations
- Ensure all required reports and documentation are compiled and submitted to the appropriate agencies and government regulators
- Represent the Company at appropriate community or industry groups, associations or boards as required
- Auditing & monitoring of general HSE compliance & performance, compiling analytical reports, ensuring that the Facility Response Plans is up to date at existing facilities and that the Spill Prevention Contingency and Counter measure is up to date at existing facilities
- Assist with Incident investigations and serve as the Lead when required
- Act as the safety liaison for & communicate with Local, State and Federal agencies as needed; customers, contractors and suppliers, as applicable.
- High School degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience, preferably in the transportation or oil field industries coupled with 1 - 2 years safety and/or supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent oral communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills in a time-sensitive work environment
- Must process high level of written and oral communication and or interpersonal skills. Strong relationship building skills needed plus a proven ability to handle stressful and diverse situations.
- Proven ability to manage in a highly matrixed environment. Must be able to travel 30-40% of the time.
- Working knowledge of USDOT & FMCSA BASIC’s requirements
- Familiar with the various federal and state legislation, standards, regulations, etc., on safety and environmental responsibility across the country
- General knowledge of Hazardous Material handling and transportation
- General knowledge and experience with crane and forklift operations
This person must demonstrate superior decision-making skills in an extremely time-sensitive work environment on behalf of the Company. This person must also demonstrate confidence in making safety related judgment calls on matters affecting critical customer service issues. This person must also possess strong organizational skills for prioritizing workload. No extraordinary physical requirements; work is primarily performed in an indoor, non-hazardous environment.
United Vision Logistics Holding Corp. - 11 months ago