Responsible for managing assigned aspects of client portfolio of a regional account(s) to include but not limited to client retention, contract negotiation, implementation and business consolidation, sales of products and services, financials (budgets, billing, payment and profitability), business planning and reviews, establishing relationships with key decision makers in multiple regions, staff development, business continuance and escalation of operational issues.
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provide leadership to account team
Develop Business Plan, implement key deliverables, measure results
- Responsible for the regional coordination of all communication across region, both BCD Travel and client’s global initiatives and interests.
- Work with National Account Managers to create supporting regional business plans/initiatives to support the regional/global plan.
- Umbrella policy implementation and communication to the region, including budgets, SLAs, etc.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value that BCD Travel provides to the client.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Drive & Support: the global/regional strategy initiatives of the global business plan.
- Implement: Create action plan / business plan to implement each program objective for the region with actions and timelines.
- Measure and Report Regional Results: Report to the GAM for consolidation.
- Account Reviews: Plan and execute quarterly business review with the Regional Travel Manager.
- Measure and report on a regional level: Service Level Agreement for Service, Financial, MIS/CDS, Program Performance, Technology and Communication indicators, as applicable.
- Support GAM with business improvement plans, crisis management as required.
Manage new business implementations
- Support GAM to manage the regional budgets and financials (includes billing, payment & profitability).
- Drive the profitability of the contract on a regional basis.
- Responsible for consolidated regional financial reporting to customer, if needed.
- Increase revenues by Up-Sell and Cross-Sell of products and services that meet client's needs.
Establish & maintain relationships
- Support GAM to develop sales strategy for non-participating countries in the region
- Work closely with BCD Travel partners/affiliates in countries within the region servicing the client or with sales opportunities
- Responsible for regional implementation of new business, working closely with global implementation team to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Build key relationships within the region & manage relationship mapping
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer decision makers in the region, including introduction of BCD Travel senior management to customer.
- Establish and maintain relationships within BCD Travel (owned, partners and affiliates) in the region to achieve results for customer.
- Assist in building an internal network with departments, local leaders and key support team members in order to effectively accomplish goals and initiatives that benefit the client and BCD Travel.
Operational & Global Reporting Requirements
- Support regional negotiations & measure performance
- In accordance with GAM, Up-sell and cross-sell products and services that meet client's needs
- In accordance with GAM, Introduce consulting services to enhance program
Team Management, Staffing & Career Development
- Ensure service delivery within the region, working with Operations counterparts
- Identifies the regional opportunities to use technology tools and processes.
- Escalates operational issues without personally taking on responsibility of solving the issue.
- Working with GAM, develops regional business continuance plans.
- Drive, support & measure customer operations requirements to all owned, partner and affiliate servicing locations within the region; deliver to the overall business plan
- Support the delivery of regional MIS data
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes or directs personnel recruiting, hiring, training, development, motivation and separation
- Manages the performance of direct reports
- Ensure these is a succession plan for key team members
- Creates a career development plan for direct reports to address development for successor positions and gaps in knowledge or experience
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Working with Supplier Relations, evaluate success of client preferred supplier programs, assess and recommend areas for improvement.
- Create and execute surveys and present survey results to support program requirements; plan for global traveler satisfaction survey.
- Seek out internal and external information to ensure clear understanding of client dynamics and BCD Travel solutions.
- Organize, prepare and/or participate in customer events/training seminars where appropriate.
- Professional development of staff
- 5+ yrs of corporate travel management industry experience - particulary in an account management role
- Experience implementing & managing large market/ regional clients
- Thorough knowledge of business travel management (AM & Ops)
- Thorough knowledge of travel industry technology
- Strong business knowledge
- Effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally
Critical Characteristics & Competencies:
- College / University degree preferred
- Second language preferred - Spanish
- 10+ years experience in travel industry
- Experience managing cross functional work teams
Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the organization’s performance.
Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to successfully negotiate across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive manner.
Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
Cost Benefit Analysis
Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for analyzing the purpose and scope of a producer, a product, a process, or project in terms of cost and benefits.
Leads multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic
Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Knowledge Base Competencies
Client Pricing / Client Budgeting
Knowledge of preparing budgets and pricing scenarios for clients; monitoring actual expenses against the budget; understanding what is required to adjust expense or revenue to meet the budget.
Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Products & Services
Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Knowledge of existing and planned markets and market-related initiatives from the perspectives of the competition, the suppliers, the customer base and the regulatory environment; ability to apply knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Knowledge of Organization
Awareness and knowledge of and insight into the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles values and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Knowledge of issues, opportunities and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making & Critical Thinking
Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities
Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Develops and tracks challenging goals that support business strategies.
Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
Planning & Organizing
Mobilizes time and resources to get things done.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
English - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
BCD Travel - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...