The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for managing an assigned Middle Market book of business, typically aligned with one or more Regional Sales Offices. They will be accountable for the successful attainment of key metrics, including target persistency and client service objectives.
The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for developing a book of business management strategy, utilizing management tools such as the account management database tool (CRM), Client Reporting Package tool, etc. The assigned book of business will be segmented based on complexity, size and other variables, and the Regional Account Manager will have increased and more complex responsibilities with the higher rated assigned accounts.
At the case level for the higher-rated accounts, the Regional Account Manager will be responsible for developing and driving client strategies throughout the year to ensure persistency and profitable growth metrics are achieved. This may include (but is not limited to) delivering and defending renewals, developing new product (cross-sell, up-sell, etc.) recommendations and competitor strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities :
· Maintain and service a book of business for cases ranging between 100 – 1999 employee lives. Actual ranges are approximate and will vary based on the regional block of business.
· Work closely with appropriate Regional Sales Office and Home Office Sales resources to manage and ensure smooth and effective new client installations.
· Ensure seamless service from internal Matrix partners in key areas such as billing, claims, and contracts, FMLA administration and eServices.
· Effectively manage and proactively resolve all in-bound client service issues.
· Work closely with the Claims Department to help proactively assist clients on sensitive or time-sensitive claim issues.
· Work closely with appropriate Sales, RSL and Matrix cross-functional resources to manage and ensure smooth and effective new client installations.
· Actively learn and become proficient in the different computer systems and company extranet to assist clients.
· Develop and manage annual client strategies to ensure persistency and profitable growth.
· Lead the client renewal strategy for assigned customers. This includes proactively driving renewal dialogue among all applicable internal partners (UW, Sales, Renewal Team, etc.), as well as reviewing and negotiating the financials and ultimately presenting and successfully delivering the renewal to the customer.
· Proactively identify cross sell opportunities (additional lines of business) to existing clients
· Achieve or exceed assigned metrics for client persistency, new customer/product implementations, cross-sale and customer satisfaction.
· Coordinate resources and counterpart activity across regions to the needs of multi-site clients as applicable.
· Work effectively with all Home Office functional departments to implement new business and prepare for renewal situations.
· Travel, as required, based on the assigned geographic book of business
Education, Qualifications and Experience :
· Minimum of 3 years of group insurance experience required in an identical or similar strategic account management capacity.
· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Preferable additional work history would include group insurance sales and/or experience-rated underwriting experience providing superior client service and satisfaction.
· Group Life and Health License(s) required.
· HIAA, LOMA, or CEBS preferred.
· Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
· Expertise in using basic Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Proven ability to multi-task, deliver superior customer service, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills.
Employers of all sizes can rely on Reliance Standard for insurance and other benefits products. Reliance Standard Life Insurance, a...