OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
Objective of the Programme:
WHO-India through its National Polio Surveillance Project provides technical assistance to the Union and state governments for polio surveillance and immunization activities directed towards polio eradication.
Mission of the WHO Country Office for India:
Within the framework of WHO's Country Cooperation Strategy, the mission of the WHO Country Office is to support India in: (i) developing and sustaining its own health policies, health systems and public health programmes; (ii) working to prevent and overcome threats to health; (iii) anticipating future challenges; and (iv) advocating public health.
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Project Manager - Operations and the direct supervision of the Regional Team Leader, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
FINANCE & ACCOUNTS:
- Forecast fund requirements of the assigned region and ensure optimum utilization of the funds. Management of Imprest Account and liaising with banks.
- Timely and accurate computation and disbursement of replenishment of funds to units and remuneration to field staff as well as compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Compile the budgets for the region, prepare, analyze and undertake necessary corrective and remedial measures in coordination with Finance & Accounts Team in Delhi.
- Frequent field visits to the unit offices and perform compliance checks to ensure adherence to the A & F policy, guidelines. Support the Quality Assurance and Review team in their quality assurance reviews and follow up with recommendations provided. Serve as the focal point for providing assistance to field staff in matters related to finance and accounts. Ensure that the finance and accounts functions are carried out as per the set guidelines.
- Assist with the accounting, management and record keeping components of training for field staff.
- Ensure that the queries generated are responded to in time and units are well versed with the A & F guidelines.
- Analyze financial and accounting data to provide inputs on improving the functioning of the project.
- Ensure timely submission of periodic and ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Supervise routine Finance & Accounts functions to ensure smooth operations in the office in coordination with the Finance & Accounts Team in Delhi.
- Approve expenses within delegation of authority.
HR & PERSONNEL:
- Ensure adherence to WHO personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure hiring of competent staff in adherence to the WHO selection process.
- Coordinate with all the units on performance appraisals. Performing performance appraisals, coordinating/suggesting relocations, issuing letters in line with the policies and ensuring adherence to HR policies for hiring & separations.
- Assess training needs of the personnel working within the region.
- Ensure proper Handing-Taking Over as and when required.
- Ensure that the medical, security and other mandatory HR related compliances are updated on an on-going basis.
- Allocate and oversee work of Administrative Assistants and Management Assistants.
- Coordinate with the WHO-HR team for responding to any legal notices/requirements in the field.
- Act as the first point of contact for resolving any personnel related issues within the assigned region.
- Ensure that a strong infrastructure exists in the field offices. E.g. logistics, project vehicle, IT equipments, office space (govt/leased) etc.
- Ensure that a data base is maintained with information on vendors in the region.
- Ensure that the unit offices are functional, additional support as per the requirement is procured and that offices are maintained in a proper state. Periodic visits to unit offices by the RAFFP is required.
- Review MIS reports and initiate effective controls/ checks and balances.
- Grant approval to field units as per A&F guidelines within the delegated authority.
- Budget planning and review relative to administrative area.
- Seek and suggest improved utilization of RAFFP's services for support/guidance to field units and invite recommendations/ suggestions for introducing/ amending A&F procedures, cost effectiveness.
- Manage field emergencies (flood/accident/deaths etc.) in an appropriate manner and in accordance with UN guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of security protocol in the region as per the direction of the Area Security Coordinator (ASC)/ UNDSS.
- Ensure smooth administrative functioning of the Regional Office.
- Plan and coordinate State or National level meetings.
- Provide support to the Delhi office in terms of any other delegated task.
- Other duties as required by WHO management.
Qualified CA/ ICWA or MBA in Finance from a reputed institute or any other recognized equivalent qualification
Good management skills
Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a multi-cultural team and with government agencies
Sound knowledge of accounting and financial packages
Good analytical skills
Willingness to travel in the region
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel computer skills.
Essential: At least seven (7) years post -qualification experience including two (2) years work experience in handling operations (finance, administration & HR).
Desirable: Experience in independent management of finance and administrative matters at the branch/ regional office of a large organization, company or non-government organization (NGO). Prior experience of working in the health sector preferably with one of the larger NGO's would be an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi.
World Health Organization - 13 months ago
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations' agency for health. The organization focuses on four main areas, led...