JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for regional office receptionist and administrative activities along with special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Daily greeting of office visitors and ensuring they are appropriately logged-in and logged-out.
- Answering and directing incoming calls.
- Assist in general filing and upkeep associated with the ongoing maintenance of regional files.
- Produces and issues company associate identification badges for new hires and replacements for existing personnel.
- Provides driving instructions and maps for visitors to the office.
- Ordering and stocking of office and kitchenette supplies.
- Coordinating the set up of various meetings and events as directed, including the arranging of hotel reservations for visitors and management staff members.
- General administrative assistance to members of the management team as required, i.e., correspondence, presentations, reservations, etc.
- Coordinates customer-specific safety program requirements for applicable associates, including notifying field management of drug testing requirements and safety-related training and coordinating payments for corresponding invoices.
- Maintain discretionary time records (vacation and sick balances) for regional associates.
- Approve and process vendor invoices for regional expenses.
- Receipt and handling of incoming and outgoing mail and other documents. Maintain office mail metering system.
- Maintains a well organized and clean reception/lobby area as well as kitchenette and workroom areas; secures the office each day if the last one to leave.
- Handles the ordering and dissemination of New Hire Associate Handbooks across the region.
- Coordinates and handles the ordering and dissemination of service award pins.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for centralized New Employee Orientation.
- Other assignments as may be directed by immediate supervisor or a member of the management staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
Other requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain confidentiality of records as well as perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have a high level of energy, be a self-starter and have a strong customer service and relationship orientation.
- Must like to do a wide variety of tasks and assign priorities to each task.
- Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate office environment.
- Accurately type at least 40 wpm or greater. 10 key experience is desired but not required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Some college education or an Associate’s degree desired but is not required. Proficient with entering data into a computer.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as regulations, safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and electronic correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information to all levels of management and associates with tact and diplomacy to complete assignments.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid state driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, operate a 10 key calculator or PC; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment
Airgas Inc. - 15 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...