At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 50 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
USPO Borders West Region
Reporting to the Regional Director, The Regional Asset Reliability Manager is responsible for:
in 4 states: Washington, Oregon, North Dakota and Iowa.
- Ensuring that Field Operations and Engineering's Asset Management Strategy system and Work Management system are effectively implemented in the region;
- Ensuring that all projects implemented by the region are planned and executed according to TransCanada's Project Management Office standards;
- Ensuring development and oversight of the Regional operations and maintenance and general plant and maintenance budgets;
- Leading a team comprised of 14 professionals; 8 Technical Specialists (Controls / Equipment / Measurement), 2 Work Planners, 2 Project Managers, a Budget Analyst and an Associate located
- The location for this position is the Borders West Regional Office, located in Spokane, Washington.
- This position is eligible for Domestic Relocation
- This position is not eligible for cross-border relocation
As a Manager of Regional Asset Reliability you will be required to:
As a Leader in Field Operations, you will be required to:
- Lead the analysis of maintenance, performance and commercial data in order to develop Facility specific Equipment Management Plans;
- Understand and manage facility risks and equipment performance, improve the economics of assets and meet safety, availability, and reliability expectations;
- Assist in the development of asset management plans;
- Develop and implement strong Project Management development, planning and execution processes;
- Initiate process and other improvements that increase efficiency and profit;
- Recommend modifications to projects, plans, policies, procedures and performance standards to maintain Operationally Excellent standards;
- Develop and monitor budgets for operation and maintenance, system improvement projects, capital projects, and work management; and
- Work with and support the Regional Asset Reliability Managers across US Field Operations to allow for learning and application of best practice.
As a member of the Regional Leadership Team, you will be required to:
- Effectively perform leadership activities necessary for the effective performance of a competent, pro-active, and engaged staff including employee safety, employee development, salary administration, employee performance management, counseling and motivation, recognition & reward, employee objectives, and talent management;
- Build a strong, competent, proactive and engaged team;
- Be responsible for staff development and succession planning for your team;
- Provide your team with excellent performance feedback, appropriate rewards, recognition and coaching;
- Continue to develop your leadership competencies while maintaining a current knowledge of company business, strategy, goals and objectives;
- Manage and coordinate emergency response with a requirement to be on call and, to respond to emergency situations; and
- Ensure that company resources are effectively allocated and utilized to improve reliability and availability of facilities and to support regional operations; and effectively administer responsible budget administration.
Education and Qualifications:
- Work collaboratively to establish the Region's strategy, goals and business plan;
- Commit to the execution of the Region's business plan;
- Represent the Company and foster critical partnerships both internally and externally;
- Be a champion of change initiatives; and
- Manage projects and issues when required.
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to apply business principles to identify, justify and implement solutions;
- Demonstrated skills in aligning goals with strategic direction and achieve targeted business results;
- Superior data analysis and problem solving skills;
- Experience in Reliability Engineering;
- Ability to apply economic and commercial drivers to analysis;
- Ability to make sound engineering decisions based on risk, cost and benefit assessment;
- Competent technical leadership with an ability to apply it to gas transmission, power and gas storage assets;
- Ability to apply engineering principles to develop solutions;
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and networking ability;
- Ability to create and sustain critical partnerships;
- Media representation;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with diverse work groups;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate change and help others adapt to a changing environment; and
- Proven and recognized results.
Please apply to this posting by February 11,2013.
- University degree in engineering with 10 or more years of relevant experience;
- or a Technologist certificate/diploma with 15 or more years of relevant experience; and
- Professional project management designation is an asset.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50554046-02 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 22 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...